Water quality change with heat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, This is my first summer with my new pond. It's a smaller pond 10x8 about 900-over 1000 gals (not exactly sure). I have lots of trees behind the pond and have noticed clear water will turn brown when the humidity hits. I did notice once there was a little green algae but it's mostly brown, when the humidity is gone it clears. I live in New England in western Mass. I tried using green clean once a week but didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, what should I do to keep it clear through the summer? Any feedback will be appreciated thank you!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have never seen humidity change my water color. We have lots of high humidity days.

I keep our water clear by having a lot of plants in the pond and a huge plant filter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never seen humidity change my water color. We have lots of high humidity days.

I keep our water clear by having a lot of plants in the pond and a huge plant filter.
Thank you hmm I wonder why. What do you mean about a huge plant filter?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My only filter for my pond is a very large "bog" ie pea gravel with water flowing up through it and the plants that cover the top of it, back into the pond. The red circle is the bog full of plants right now, the arrow points to the waterfall. The water fall is 3 foot wide, bog around 27 foot long
bog.JPG

Ask a Question