Water temperature.

Reaction score
As the last week England has been a lot hotter than normal my pond temps gone up to 22.5 today, is this temp ok??
As my pond is oblong I've got about a third covered to keep the sun off, I've also got 3 air bricks running constantly. Because of where my pump is situated and the air bricks I have a fairly good water movement.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
As the last week England has been a lot hotter than normal my pond temps gone up to 22.5 today, is this temp ok??
As my pond is oblong I've got about a third covered to keep the sun off, I've also got 3 air bricks running constantly. Because of where my pump is situated and the air bricks I have a fairly good water movement.

Relax! 23C - 24C is considered the ideal median temperature for Koi and Goldfish. You can begin to get concerned if the water temps reach 30C and above.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine is 25c right now. 77f it can get to 84f quite often in the summer, the fish do fine. My pond is full sun with lots of water movement.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Willo a nod was sent out from our health officer that we should all think about adding extra airstones to our pond's , and that we should also make sure the diaphrams are not old and if so that they should be replaced .
Spraying water above the pond also helps cool the air above the pond ..

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Addy, when your pond water temps get into the 80's and the fish start sweating, does it change your water chemistry much?:)

Ask a Question