water test kits

Reaction score
Hello,:fish:
I'm heading to the store today to buy my materials to build my back flush contraption for my filter falls. While I'm there I wanted to pick up a water test kit.
What test kit do you use for testing the water in your pond? There are so many choices. What all do I have to test for? All of the ones I looked at tested for different things. Are test strips the best way to go? AND...How often do you check your water?
Thanks,
Mike

rdk

Reaction score
Liquids test kits are the best .API or Pond Care are some brands. You want to test for PH and Ammonia for sure. RDK

rdk

Reaction score
At first I would check once a week, but If your pond checks good or you do weekly water changes then much less often.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No test strips aren't that accurate go with the liquid. The following things should be tested to aid in maintaining and preventing problems. Ammonia, PH, KH, GH, Nitrite and Nitrate. If new to testing I would do it quite often. All these can change very quickly in the spring before your filters kick in.

Ask a Question