Water tight flagstone / mortar around water feature

Reaction score
Is there a way to completely seal out run off water from a water feature / Jacuzzi?

I am about to mortar in my flagstone around this project ( it's a lot further on than the pic ) and was thinking about trying something new.

Has to be a feel good way to assure myself that water will not get under my liner.

I also have an 8' x 8' x 36" hole w/ a Jacuzzi in it and KNOW I am going to have run off water in it.

I have my liner over-lapping into it and 14 -18 inches of mortared flagstone separating it from my water feature.

Can anyone see into the future and warn me of possible issues? ..... and solutions?

Pump it out?..... Fill the hole with topsoil?

pond-dig5551.jpg

Attachments

• pond-dig4441.jpg
    pond-dig4441.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 570

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also have an 8' x 8' x 36" hole w/ a Jacuzzi in it and KNOW I am going to have run off water in it.

Put a small berm around it to keep runoff water out, unless there is a reason it needs to be that flat to the land. Run off water can make a terrible mess.

Reaction score
Already going to take my liner UNDER my mortared flagstone, which is above the "water line" ( drains into a natural swell ) and bury it in the dirt with a mini-mortared curb around it.

Going to be a hell of a storm move thru the Houston area today and I do believe that I will see any liner flaws today if they exist.

I still don't think that is going to be a 100% solution.

I'm used to putting some type of sump on my larger projects.

Remember that HUMANS are going to be stomping around in this and if there is a puncture, it's just going to bubble up under my liner 'cause it has no where to go.

Ya know it's going to happen....... :hungover:

Repairs won't be much of an issue, as it's not that big.

I can suck the water out and put a Goodyear patch on it in hours.

No fish or plant life in the swimming area to worry about.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Going to be a hell of a storm move thru the Houston area today and I do believe that I will see any liner flaws today if they exist.
I used to go out with an umbrella with every storm to watch the water flowing down our hill. Spot what problem areas there were then find a solution to them.

Reaction score
No issues today with the storm, but it wasn't as bad as projected.

All the bad stuff was more East towards Houston / Galveston, but beautiful weather is here for the rest of the week.

Ever hear of anyone lining the circumference of a water feature with pond pebbles, with the liner below it, making a French drain around it?

Ask a Question