Watercress

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I can't believe how cheap and easy watercress works. I bought 4 bunches from the produce department at Meijer Grocery for $1.25 each. It really helps with filtering the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I looked two places yesterday and did not find it, but we have Meijer near us. Will stop there today if I can.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I cannot buy watercress here any place and I love it in my salads and it also helps fight cancer ,at least that is what health experts say

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Like you, I couldn't find any in stores around here. I bought organically grown watercress seeds, 200 for $1.89 with free shipping on ebay. They are doing great, out of about 20 seeds I planted in small pots, 19 are growing fantastically. Here's where I got them, watercress seeds.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw them on ebay and wondered because I can't even find seeds here .May have to grab some up then

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine actually came back this year in my bog. I was always surprised that it died out every winter as it comes back every year in the wild.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was always surprised that it died out every winter as it comes back every year in the wild.

I've had about 50% success with getting my watercress to come back after winter. No clue why. But it's so cheap and easy to grow I don't worry too much about it.

DeepWater

The Great Abyss
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
In the wild, watercress grows in springs, so I don't think it even dies off over winter. It's protected by that (comparatively) warmer water. It's actually considered invasive here.

I love the taste of watercress, it's somewhat like Arugula. My favorite way to consume: watercress, caper berries, lox and cream cheese on a bagel. YUM!

Here's a picture of how watercress TOOK OVER a local spring, and was in full growth already in early spring:
IMG_0073.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
WOW watercress heaven .I love it in my salads with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach .YUMMY GOOD .

Ask a Question