Watercress

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was just thinning out the watercress in the waterfall and bog and thought I would share this picture:

IMG_2129.JPG

I planted the watercress about a month ago and have already "harvested" several buckets full. This is a shot of the impressive root system that this plant produces in a very short period of time and demonstrates why it is such a great filtering plant for your streams, waterfalls and bogs. It grows really fast so you do have to watch it to make sure it's not diverting water. But it's easy to pull out and your fish (or compost pile or juicer or salad or... ) will love it! And it's cheap if you can find it in your produce department - I buy a one dollar bundle every year and end up growing bushels of watercress with zero effort.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had it in my pond once. It grew like crazy and got kinda leggy and then disappeared one winter. At least I think it was some kind of Watercress. I found it in a ditch.

IMG_6549.JPG

IMG_5603.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
I kept some pea-gravel in my water fall, mostly towards the sides and grew watercress in it, just plunk it in the gravel and it takes off. The fish love the bits that break loose and fall in the pond too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I could not find in supermarket so bought online. Was very supersized when I opened package bundle of plants with no roots.

Ask a Question