Waterfall blade/filter material ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me I Am building a 2000 litre pond and putting a blade waterfall in its 45cm I’ve never done one do I need to put filter material in it any advice would be great

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
unless it's REAL EASY to get at your proposed waterfall filter, I'd do as CW says and locate it better. Ever consider bog filtration?

smilie sword twirl.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What is a blade water fall : ? Sheet ?"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yeah i call that sheet flow for obvious reasons in the environmental terms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pond I have I built it’s only 5ft x 3ft it’s first time I’ve had fish I’m building a bigger one 6ft6inch x 5ft I only av a small pensioners bungalow so limited I enjoy my pond and fish I’m 70 yrs old an not in the best of health I’ve just bought a sludge muncher pond vacuum for the gunk so a lot of it is new to me that’s why I joined this forum

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The pond I have I built it’s only 5ft x 3ft it’s first time I’ve had fish I’m building a bigger one 6ft6inch x 5ft I only av a small pensioners bungalow so limited I enjoy my pond and fish I’m 70 yrs old an not in the best of health I’ve just bought a sludge muncher pond vacuum for the gunk so a lot of it is new to me that’s why I joined this forum
to reduce the amount of work for you and your pond, consider putting in a bog for filtration. Once in, the only maintenance is thinning plants, which is easy because their roots are in pea gravel. There's a great many benefits to bog filtration; do a search here and you'll get a lot of thread hits to inform you.

smilie-sword-twirl-masked.gif

Ask a Question