Waterfall blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I’m new to this forum I built my own pond 3ft x 5ft and now going to build a bigger one 5ft x 7ft x 2ft deep volume of water is about 2000 litre I would like a waterfall blade what size filter/ pump will I need my present one oase1500 I doubt be powerful enough thankyou

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For a 2000 L pond, I would want 4000 LPH coming out the falls. The size pump you will need will depend on how far away and how high the blade is from the pump. Figure that out and then look at the pump curve for any pump you're evaluating. You want to see that it will produce 4,000 LPH in the middle 2/3 of the curve.

Blade size doesn't really matter. More about the look you want. Narrow will produce fast, thick flow. Wide will produce slow, thin flow. I would err on the side of too big and then choke it down if I decided it was too wide.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1635188815849.gif
@Tr1951terry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For a 2000 L pond, I would want 4000 LPH coming out the falls. The size pump you will need will depend on how far away and how high the blade is from the pump. Figure that out and then look at the pump curve for any pump you're evaluating. You want to see that it will produce 4,000 LPH in the middle 2/3 of the curve.

Blade size doesn't really matter. More about the look you want. Narrow will produce fast, thick flow. Wide will produce slow, thin flow. I would err on the side of too big and then choke it down if I decided it was too wide.
Thankyou I’ll take your advice get double the lph and go for a bigger blade cos ide sooner have a steady flow thank you urs is the first bit of help I’ve had

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I’m new to this forum I built my own pond 3ft x 5ft and now going to build a bigger one 5ft x 7ft x 2ft deep volume of water is about 2000 litre I would like a waterfall blade what size filter/ pump will I need my present one oase1500 I doubt be powerful enough thankyou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Thankyou I’ll take your advice get double the lph and go for a bigger blade cos ide sooner have a steady flow thank you urs is the first bit of help I’ve had

Ask a Question