Waterfall diffuser/weir

Reaction score
Ok, So I have built up a waterfall at the back of my pond, about three foot high.
The water below is about 2 and a half foot deep. I have a 6,000 LPH pump to pump the water to the top of the waterfall.

There is one slab that sits on top of the rock and comes out a couple of foot so the water will run down the slab and fall straight into the pond.

My question is would I be better off pumping the water into a home made weir or can it be pumped straight onto the slab. My worry is that if it was pumped straight onto the slab it will just trickle down into the pond.

Hope this makes sense!!!

Reaction score
Cheers mate, looks good
Looking to cover about an 18 inch fall, would this work do you think?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well the further over the rock it travels the further its spread should be...taking into consideration the smoothness of the stones surface....it may help to elevate the output slightly above the stones surface to give the water a bit of room to spread more before cotacting the stones surface.

Ask a Question