Waterfall Filter Question?

Reaction score
Okay... so this may make no sense what so ever, but just try to picture it in your head. My pond is right in front of my house. The left hand back corner is semi-close to the front porch. Those of you with experience, help me out here. I have a homemade filter that I am wanting to put in the very corner where my house meets my porch. I want to have the output of the water coming out like a recent post suggested (thanks for the idea by the way!) where the tip of the pvc pipe is flattend making a good spillway for a water fall... SOO here is the thing. I want to cover the entire filter with rocks for the waterfall. Problem is, I will not really be able to get to my filter, BUT... I was thinking burry the drain going out into the yard... either pvc, or hose? The only thing I have to do to clean my filter is turn the drain on and spray the filter from the top. I was going to cover the top with a faux rock, so I can easily take it off to clean. Main question is, if I run a pipe from the bottom of the filter to the yard, is there any way I can put a cut off valve on the pipe right after my waterfall starts, and just turn it on and off there??? I know my filter will not bust, so I'm not worried about that, and my media will stay in there as is. I know water will flow to the cut off point of my pipe, but it shouldn't be a problem beacause that water will flow out when I drain my filter? Right? Like I said, I know this is a lot and confusing, but if anyone understands it, please reply.

Thanks,
Britt

Reaction score
Yeah, I am going to try to get a pic up tomorrow of the front of my pond and the filter and I will sit it where I want my waterfall to be.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The pic will really help
It sounds like you want to put the drain pipe on the filter
but put the drain valve in a remote area .. that would work

Reaction score
from what you saying and what i am imaging, you dont need a cut off valvue on the water fall, just add one to the filter and have it located somewhere you can get to it, when you want to clean your filter you just open the valvue and let the water run out cleaning out ur filter, once done close valve and the water will refill you filter and water fall will be running again.

Ask a Question