Waterfall Foam

Reaction score
Can i use The Great stuff Foam for my waterfall and holding my rock in place or do i need to use waterfall foam? Is the color the only difference? The only reason i ask is b/c i have a bunch of it and if i don't need to buy any foam that would help out the budget.

Reaction score
I have never used that GS foam but I do peeps who have never a problem so far. I would get the WFF large can for areas one can see.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Great stuff is fine for out of water application. under water it tends to breakdown pretty quick (1-2 years it won't hold much of anything) waterfall foam works far better in the water to hold rocks in place and it doesn't show nearly as bad when the water is clear.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used the great stuff to help path water, with a little time you hardly see it. The water foam seems to be a denser consistency and does not expand as much. I bought some on ebay, ended up with cans of waterfoam that were filled with great stuff, about 50 50 chance of what would come out. Oh well only 1 dollar a can.

Ask a Question