Waterfall Help for an "old soldier"

Reaction score
I am searching for a pump to install on a waterfall that measures 9 feet wide and 10 feet high. I want the water to trickle down. We looked at the waterfall pumps at Lowe's but are not sure that is the right choice and if we will be able to control the water flow on the pump. Can you recommend a suitable pump that allows the flow of water to be controlled? thanks.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
with a water fall that wide it will take a good pump to make the trickle...if you want to control a pump if it is to much ,,you can put a tee in and divert the extra water to the pool...with a 10ft head to the top of the waterfall..you will need a pump that will still put out the gph at that height...i have a lagona 4200 i lift the water 8ft it puts out about 2200 gph.at 10 ft it would put out 1900 gph that would be about 31 gpm

Reaction score
Dr. Case,
Thank you for your reply. I came up with a trickle" flow rate by turning on my hose, filling the upper holding tank and getting the water to flow over the top of the waterfall at a slow rate. It measured approximately 6 gallons per minute or 360 gph. That does not seem like much. I have thought about purchasing the pump at Lowe's that shows a max pumping height of 18 feet and is specified at 1420 GPH at 1 foot lift. I'm not sure how to compute the GPH with the lift measurement to account for the 10 foot rise. I'm worried the 1420 GPH is way too much and I can't "T" the excess into the pool based on the location. I can put a valve in the line to slow the flow but I suspect that may not be good for the pump. Any thoughts/recommendations ?? Thanks again.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
most the time you will find gpm per each ft,on the box or in the specs for that pump...i have put a tee ,on the pump itself. and put on a hose bibb,,,with that you can slow the water to the fall

Ask a Question