Waterfall help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
still working on pond waterfall Left to do put underlayment then liner the large rock on left can i use silicon to glue liner to the rock will leave extra for water level i only need 8 feet the 20 of tubing should i cut the remaining hose also can i put underlayment and liner over my first foundation Stones then tocks on top or should i remove rocks ad more soil to sides to raise to water level then lay underlayment and liner then stones just dont want to remove rocks again with liner down to do it over again because i changed mind again about rock layout/ design furst photo is preformed already in with water

Attachments

• 01D65F00-32E4-45BC-AB88-EA7E3A968C2E.jpeg
    01D65F00-32E4-45BC-AB88-EA7E3A968C2E.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 110
  • 86ECDD85-9439-430B-9311-B9199E89641F.jpeg
    86ECDD85-9439-430B-9311-B9199E89641F.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 120
Reaction score
The liner should be on the bottom with the stones on top of it. Just be sure that the liner is above all the sides if not water can leak and you will then have to remove all the stones to find the leak. You don't need glue or anything else to hold the rocks in place. As for the 20 feet of pipe, you should cut it but still leave enough for moving it around if needed.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so you are putting the liner into the preformed pond and the waterfall is going to run into the preformed pond .The water may be going out the sides as it enters the preformed pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
The liner should be on the bottom with the stones on top of it. Just be sure that the liner is above all the sides if not water can leak and you will then have to remove all the stones to find the leak. You don't need glue or anything else to hold the rocks in place. As for the 20 feet of pipe, you should cut it but still leave enough for moving it around if needed.
Thanks good advice have raised the edge by the large rick to above water level will put underlayment then liner flat rick on top Curl liner behind rock to accommodate and leakage foam sealent in can temp for use is 60-90 degrees still around 45-50 should ii wait

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Please don't be offended, but punctuation would make it sooooo much easier to understand what you're asking. Sorry.... I'd love to help, but I literally can't understand what you're saying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Please don't be offended, but punctuation would make it sooooo much easier to understand what you're asking. Sorry.... I'd love to help, but I literally can't understand what you're saying.
No not at all try to fix but wouldn't let me. Any way i raised the sides more to water line by the rock . I just finished laying underlayment then liner the rock foam in can should i wait till its warmer still only 55-60 can says 70 will take picture

Attachments

• 8C1D7214-50AB-4D6E-A956-26BB08315B8C.jpeg
    8C1D7214-50AB-4D6E-A956-26BB08315B8C.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 90
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Definitely don't try to foam when it's too cold. Although the type we used said you could use it above 50 degrees, so there must be variation by brand. The biggest issue is to keep the actual can of foam warm. The foam will set if it's colder, it just takes longer. We foamed last April on a day that ended in a blizzard - it worked fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Definitely don't try to foam when it's too cold. Although the type we used said you could use it above 50 degrees, so there must be variation by brand. The biggest issue is to keep the actual can of foam warm. The foam will set if it's colder, it just takes longer. We foamed last April on a day that ended in a blizzard - it worked fine.
I filled the low points with water to settle it down should i now drain and place rocks-do i need underlayment for first rocks i place then foam

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Almost done temp was only 55 degrees cans of foam were kept warm I want ahead Ho dos it look

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Just make sure the base of your waterfall is shaped so that water can only go one way...into the pond. What I mean is to shape a mound of soil concave and pitched toward the pond. When you shape the soil, try to form some type of shelves to position your stones on.

Lay your liner over the soil mound. Now you can stack your stones on top of the liner. Use flat stones with round edges. You don't want any sharp edges anywhere near you pond. Stack them like bricks (for stability) and step each layer back a bit as it gets taller.

Some people like the foam and use it to direct the water. To camouflage the foam, you can stick small stones or sand into the foam before it dries. I never use any foam, glue or any adhesive. I don't feel the need for it. If I setup my falls correctly, I won't need to depend on foam to guide the flow of water. That's just my opinion. Everyone is different.

Ask a Question