Waterfall pond liner seal

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Okay, I am "pondering" how to deal with a waterfall seal for my bog filter. Pictures are worth a 1000 words, or so they say, here we go...

1) Cutout view. In black, the pond liner, and in red, the seal. In this direction, so far so good.

1651766527984.png

2) Cutout view from top. In black, the pond liner from the waterfall overlapping the pond liner from the basin. How do I seal the areas highlighted with the red circles? Silicone caulk?
1651766596609.png

3) View from inside toward the waterfall. Gray is basin pond liner, black is the pond liner from the waterfall. Again, how to seal the areas highlighted in red circles? Silicone caulk?

1651766668811.png

Basically I need a good way to seal these corners, or the heck with a big opening and instead I use one or 2 bulkheads?

Any thoughts appreciated! I am trying not to get bogged down with this. Right, enough puns for today.

Thanks,
CG

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm sorry I totally didn't understand your diagrams, or really what your trying to seal together.

Sikaflex 291, best sealant ever. It's food safe after curing. Epoxy if it needs to be glued together.

Hit up a marine supple store and ask them. It costs you a bundle with the word boat in front of it but they understand not wanting leaks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
First question is what is your liner epdm ? hpre? pvc?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
First question is what is your liner epdm ? hpre? pvc?

I am going to go with EPDM pond liner. I'll post pics soon with the basin being built, it will be easier to understand than the drawings.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
for seaming you can make the seams where ever you like. but the fewer the better. single sided for over laping the first double sided tape. and yes primer and seam lap caulk is a great seam

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
I'm sorry I totally didn't understand your diagrams, or really what your trying to seal together.

Sikaflex 291, best sealant ever. It's food safe after curing. Epoxy if it needs to be glued together.

Hit up a marine supple store and ask them. It costs you a bundle with the word boat in front of it but they understand not wanting leaks.

Here are the pics, from outside and inside.

Attachments

• IMG_9080.jpg
    IMG_9080.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9081.jpg
    IMG_9081.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd take the weir off / falls guide. Cover it in rubber learn how to seam . Slide it back in then fold the inside liner into it seaming it as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
I'd take the weir off / falls guide. Cover it in rubber learn how to seam . Slide it back in then fold the inside liner into it seaming it as well.

Ah, I see. I was thinking using EPDM liner on top of the waterfall guide (glued to the wood with construction adhesive). I am going to rehearse all the folds with paper first and see what works.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Epdm adhesive comes in a spray as a member just told us don't use regular contact cement though they are the same principal

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
actually the more i think about it get the 6 inch tape spay the new primer/glue and apply the single sided tape put on two strips and your water proof on the weir. if you can't find a relatively small amount let me know

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lap sealant is what it says its it is noting more than after the seam is made to caulk the over LAP its just to seal it from being a edge for the winds and vegetation to grab ahold of allowing access to the seam tape

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
Ah yes, in that case Sikaflex 291 would be better indicated for the areas in red that I want to seal? In blue are seams done with dual sided tape.

This is the view from inside the bog fountain looking toward the spout.

Attachments

• IMG_9797.jpg
    IMG_9797.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 6

Ask a Question