Waterfall weir question?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning om a weir 18" wide and 2 1/2" deep running a 6500 gph pump. Will that be enough to keep the water fall from running back under the weir? I want a steady stream of water and a lot of sound.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That video is helpful
you should ALWAYS have a liner under and enveloping your weir as water invariably finds its own way. I find a waterfall is a lot of trial and error, having rebuilt mine 7 times and changing the weir portion thrice. Ball valves and wyes from your pump on each feed really helps with achieving your vision.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
you should ALWAYS have a liner under and enveloping your weir as water invariably finds its own way. I find a waterfall is a lot of trial and error, having rebuilt mine 7 times and changing the weir portion thrice. Ball valves and wyes from your pump on each feed really helps with achieving your vision.
Yep, same here. I never built a waterfall once. It's a trial and error thing, until you get it just right.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Guess i got lucky it was one and done . I did have to reline the upper pond due to a varmint .. but i also used only three boulders on both my main falls . Two character stones one to each side and one weir stone. Advantages to large rocks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your getting there its obvious what areas are coming along and Your happy with.
If i was rocking with you id sugest this long rock be pulled out and used as edging as it will break up string of pearls appearance . And if you have one more load coming id look for elongated types or flat .
I know your feeling the squeeze from the boulders pinching in. It looks like you have plenty of liner. Look at those pond edging it looks like your rocks in lengths all point the same way you'll never see that in nature.

Ask a Question