Waterfall Weir

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I was sweeping the floor last night and noticed that my dustpan looked like some of the DIY waterfall weirs I've seen posted on this forum. Has anyone ever used a dustpan for a waterfall weir? Do ya'll think it would would work?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Never would of thought of that. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to make a weir for my preform pond I turned into a bog. I just drilled a hole and siliconed a black hose in it for a spout. Everyone hates it .... lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks KoiGuy. Sunshine, I plan on doing to the same thing with a preform I have too. I wouldn't worry about what everyone else thinks, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is what it looks like. It does look odd. But, I was in a hurry to get it done. I would rather have a weir. I think it would look better.

100_1606.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Neat idea and you can get those commercial ones as they are larger and heavier .I just looked at mine and it was bought at a commercial store back in NJ and is big and heavy and has a large back lip and taller sides on it .I use it in my wood shop to clean up .hmmmmm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Next trip to Lowes, I will be checking them out. Bill uses a big one in the garage, but it's metal. That would be funny seeing his face when he sees his dust pan on my bog .... lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now that is a really good idea riparks.................I'm gonna look around for one too! This may go viral and all the stores will soon have a run on selling dust pans and won't be able to figure out why,lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had a steel dust pan, 16 inches, got it from harbor freight. That sucker would work great.

image_16126.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/16-inch-super-wide-steel-shop-dust-pan-67068.html

16" Super Wide Steel Shop Dust Pan
Item # 67068

16" Mouth

This oversized scoop is a must for the garage, factory, farm and institutional janitorial work.
  • 16" wide mouth for broom or rake
  • Sheet steel pan with bent steel tube handle

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks everyone. Sunshine, I like how you did your preform, I wants to bury mine, I just have to find a spot to squeeze it in. Sorry Koiguy, yours was the one I was talking about, lol. I've been trying to figure out how to make one like yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We had a steel dust pan, 16 inches, got it from harbor freight. That sucker would work great.

image_16126.jpg

http://www.harborfre...-pan-67068.html

16" Super Wide Steel Shop Dust Pan
Item # 67068

16" Mouth

This oversized scoop is a must for the garage, factory, farm and institutional janitorial work.
  • 16" wide mouth for broom or rake
  • Sheet steel pan with bent steel tube handle

Can you use metal, or would it rust and corrode?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one I had in arizona, was in and out of water, had it for years, never saw any rust on it. But I was thinking it was aluminum, just not sure. It disappeared when I moved across country, left behind tossed who knows. lol

At six dollars buy one put it in water and see if it starts to rust, will happen pretty quick if it is going to

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Harbor Freight always has 20% off coupons and coupons for a free item with purchase. I am going to get one this weekend and try it.

Ask a Question