waterfall with underground pond

Reaction score
here is my project, just wondering if I need to add any chemicals to this pond. I dont keep it going all the time or should I?

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 560
Reaction score
more pics

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 440

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is very pretty! nice job.

From the net:

The pondless waterfall is virtually maintenance-free. It may be set to run on a timer and have an auto-fill to replace evaporated water. There is no ecological need to run the pondless waterfalls energy-efficient waterscapes system continuously, versus a pond, which is a living, breathing ecosystem that needs constant oxygen, just like humans.

So it sounds like you do not need to run all the time.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
really nice job on your pondless waterfall and great if you do get algae anywhere just add some algae fix and your done .No fish no work to upkeep it just making sure it does not run dry especially in the summer.You can put pool chemicals in it also and better yet get some spa chemicals that have the scent to them aroma therapy all in one

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not hard to do extra pump and any tub will work and fencing to keep rock out of tub could be cheap diy .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that is really cool.........I may have to think about something like that one :rolleyes:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How do you stop the dirt from getting in there and I guess you never open it up to clean it or anything, right? Just keep the water flowing and that the end of it :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Pretty sweet water fixture!

Seems like you wouldn't have to keep it going all the time, though may as well - it'll provide some good background sound.

I would imagine you'll probably have to put some kind of chemicals in it. I tried algae killer in my waterfall / small pond, and it didn't work that well at all. So I've just been using small amounts of chlorine (I don't have any fish - yet at least).

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Glad you don't have any fish then Fish and chlorine do not mix well at all and you will have to empty pond to get any traces out

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Just curious, I know chlorine or bleach has been recommended for years for controlling algae, Anyone know how Hydrogen peroxide would work and would it work long term and would it leave chemical residue behind that could harm fish if it was to be used again for another project later?

BTW, VERY NICE! I really like that idea, Nice job, really sets off that entrance.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use hydrogen peroxide in a pond with fish to control algae, the fish do fine, and it kills the algae wonderfully. I use a rate of 1 liter per 1000 gallons, have not had to do it here, but my arizona pond I would use 14 liters, no affect on the fish, (goldies)

Ask a Question