Way down yonder in the Pawpaw patch......What's a Pawpaw?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pawpaws are fruit but hate to say ugly fruit .Never ate one .I see them growing around here .They make 1 heck of a mess on the road when they fall and people run over them .Nothing like hot rotted fruit on a hot day .They look ugly then also .We have a tree on the wooded side of the road here ,Never got close to it because there is lots of poison plants growing around it and up it .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
sounds delicious. I love having fruits trees in my yard but I'll have to get a bigger yard to plant some more :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never tried one or seen one. Looks kind of ugly but sounds like it tastes pretty good.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Never tried one or seen one. Looks kind of ugly but sounds like it tastes pretty good.

Me either JW. Sang the pawpaw song many times as a child. Seem to remember I though pawpaws must have been some sort of nut. I find it great fun to discover information that relates to old time song, stories and such.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nope Haro the Po Po's sit on you when you are bad and club you on the noggin w/ their sticks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And do you know why you call them "the fuzz"? What does it mean? I know I have heard it used but it was mostly I believe used back in older times like the 50's w/ the Fonz on Happy Days.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
"Fuzz" was used back in the Hippy days, the 60's and early 70's. There was also a more derogative term, but personally I didn't like it. Some of my friends were cops.
John

Ask a Question