wayne from canada

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hello to all, I'm working on my 2nd pond build and I need help with some items. With almost 5,000 members I think this forum is well worth joining. And first hand experience tops any sales clerk anyday lol.

I'm off to browse the forum now. Hope to chat more soon.

Thks

Wayne

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hello Wayne, I'm from Canada too! Nice that someone else from Canada has a threat too. Looking forward to hearing all about your pond! I've been wintering all my fish outdoors quite well for 20 years now, what do you do with your ponds in the winter?

Attachments

• IMAG4077.jpg
    IMAG4077.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMAG4144.jpg
    IMAG4144.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 318
  • IMAG2251.jpg
    IMAG2251.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Wayne, Welcome. You can learn a lot here. That's interesting about so many members. There is a much smaller number that are very active. I'm sure you will find out who they are soon enough!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome wayne and yes we are a big bunch of pond groupies and for help with your Canadian pond colleen has some great ideas and she seems to have it down there .She told me about grasses and now my pond looks healthier than ever before .Thanks colleen you are a keeper .coffee and all

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Welcome to the group, Wayne. Canada, eh? It's a big country! Could you be a little more specific?
John from Planet Earth

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh well he wants to make you guessing Haro .Meant to ask you are the one who got the big rock from the nursery by your driveway right ,Haro .

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hello Wayne, I'm from Canada too! Nice that someone else from Canada has a threat too. Looking forward to hearing all about your pond! I've been wintering all my fish outdoors quite well for 20 years now, what do you do with your ponds in the winter?

Glad to meet you, we have a lot to discuss lol Yes I wintered fish, but have questions about it for you. Just not this min as I'm working on pond lighting and electrical. Do you have pond lights? I'm looking for a decent outside 4 plug box. My last pond I used the H-depot one. But I did see a cool looking one with a clear plastic cover that moulded around the cords.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thks, all you guys are just too kind and sweet. Very refreshing :razz: Not like the militaria collectors forum I belong too. They have no problem eating newbies for breakfast.

Edmonton thks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
HMMM wonder how they liked the taste .We don't like to eat newbies they bite :razz:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Oh, you don't want to know how I plug my stuff in, all I can say is at least it's on a GFI, did it myself, not a electrian, but it works good, at least I hide the tangled mess pretty good. I have lots of different lights around the pond, and one underwater light that I got fairly cheap, 40 bucks from a pet store for the front, meant for water feature, but hey it was cheap and looks good to in the small pond out front!

Attachments

• IMAG4344.jpg
    IMAG4344.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG4350.jpg
    IMAG4350.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 197

Ask a Question