sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a secret weapon my son is a licensed electrician :razz: I just call in the poor mom card ,works every time .He is also a contractor and licensed plumber .I gave birth to him and he owes me big time .

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I have a secret weapon my son is a licensed electrician :razz: I just call in the poor mom card ,works every time .He is also a contractor and licensed plumber .I gave birth to him and he owes me big time .
Slavery! And yes, I'm the one with the big rock. It now sits beside the pond, where it will probably stay!
John

Reaction score
LMAO! No offense Sissy, but know a few electricians... while they do know the codes better than most of us, they can be even worse with some of their "make it happen" set ups LOL...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep and he has to pay the piper until i die Haro .Glad you got your rock moved ,I kept meaning to ask you about it . I had to have all of it inspected because when he did that we were also building the guest house .Every thing had to be to code here and even though the wire says ground contact my son wanted it in electrical conduit because of moles and stuff here .I had something chew through the ground contact wire leading to my well pump and we had to dig that up and replace it and he put that in conduit too .I guess it depends on the electrician also .He put in the whole house surge protector on both electrical circuit boxes and if a storm zaps the house it will not harm my electrical stuff .I know my house in NJ got hit and saw the damage it can do to every thing .Lost my stove ,fridge ,microwave ,dishwasher ,heating system and air conditioning unit and not to mention tv's and computers .I wanted every thing here protected and just in case I still have the single use quaranteed surge protectors on a couple of things .I guess after seeing some of the storms lately I am glad I have it .I also pay an extra 40 dollars a year for insurance that pays for any breakdowns of appliances and glad i did because it payed for the new well pump and the new filtration system and new bladder tank all I had to pay was the deductable .They ended paying out over 3000 dollars for the replacement .I only found out about the insurance last year .Now they are paying for a new dishwasher as the guy said the pump was discontinued ,the dishwasher is only 2 years old .Amazes me .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LMAO! No offense Sissy, but know a few electricians... while they do know the codes better than most of us, they can be even worse with some of their "make it happen" set ups LOL...

Come and see our wiring done by my electrician hubby! it works is safe butttttttttttttttt lol

Reaction score
LOL, my hubby should get his electrical and plumber licenses. He can do both (he was a mechanical engineer originally). We have enough friends in both trades that he can easily get the apprentice time covered, but he sees no point in it. He is good at so many things, I think it is nice to have them to fall back on. With that said, when he put the pump that is presently on our pond on, I was cringing... It is what we had on hand, so used it, but it is 220... it is now hardwired in to the electrical panel with its own breaker (or is it braker LOL) ...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond pumps in arizona were wired for 220, we changed them when they where shipped here to make them "normal" lol

Ask a Question