WAYNE Pond Bio Filter

Reaction score
Anyone use a WAYNE Pond Bio Filter BIOFILTER Tetra PF-1 PF2 Series? I just bought one and water keeps coming out of the top. I have tried many times to tighten the lid as much as I can, all with the same result. Would it be possible that my pump is too string for the filter. I am using a Via Aqua 2600. I assumed it was the right pump, since the fitting matched. Any feed would be appreciated.

pondfilter66093.jpg

Eddie

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
your filter is an imitation of tetraponds filters but your output isnt internally overflow vented..i have the tetrapond like yours and it easily handles 1200 gph what gph is your pump with your pond 300gph is as much as youd ever need.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if not make sure your feeding the filter from the top port and its exiting thru the bottom and the output is the largest fitting...and the biospheres are topped by the pad not the other way around...and a smaller pump would help your turning your pond over every 10 minutes one an hour is good.

Reaction score
koikeepr said:
Any chance you can return it and make your own DIY skippy filter?

I bought it on eBay for $25. To good to be true, I guess. There is a 3 day exchange on it. I have had it over a week now. So I guess it will make a good flower pot? If I get the Tetra Pond filter will that handle my pump?

Eddie

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this is how your filter should be set up...is this how you have it? if not put it this way. try it if it still wants to over flow remove the pad if that stops the overflow replace it with a bunch of scrubbiy pads from the dollar store (soapless flat green scrubbies that come in 5 packs usually) put in as many as you can fit quartered(cut into 4s)... and a smaller pump

Attachments

• 8-9-2009 8;22;34 AM.jpg
    8-9-2009 8;22;34 AM.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 709

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this is my filter ...i use it as a fines fines now to catch any small particles suspended in the water i run1000 gals per hour thru it a couple days a month. you can see the pipe sticking up that feeds right back down to the outlet if the filter clogged for any reason. the outlet nipple is 1&1/4 inch..so should yours be.. if it came missing it you can get one at Lowes or HomeDepot for about a buck i have a section of pool hose on mine to extend it. i use the venturied inlet for more oxygenation.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 700
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 616
Reaction score
flyalaska said:
I bought it on eBay for $25. To good to be true, I guess. There is a 3 day exchange on it. I have had it over a week now. So I guess it will make a good flower pot? If I get the Tetra Pond filter will that handle my pump?

Eddie

Try to harrass the seller into taking it back. LOL! Threaten unhappy feedback! LOL! I personally think you will not be happy with it. I had the very large Tetra one very many years ago when I started ponding and didn't know anything. It lasted all of 2 months before I dumped it. It's also very difficult to open when filled with water....

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
your pond is only 125 gallons this filter will do fine.. my first pond i used one on 600 gallons it kept it clean and clear. just get a smaller pump!!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has 195 GPH pumps for $15.00. I have several that I use for tranferring water. That is big enough for your filter.

Reaction score
I jinxed myself, just as I walked outside, it started leaking again. Im going to buy the Tetra Pond. Anybody have links to good online shops?

Ask a Question