We have a better view of the pond now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well we finally moved the over grown weigela bushes and cut in a stairway on our deck to the pond area. I used black granite for the steps. Added 3 stepping stones. The other step is also stone which was already there. Now a nice clear view from the kitchen door

IMG_1637.JPG
IMG_1638.JPG
IMG_1639.JPG

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks real nice! I really like the black granite. I didn't realize from your other pics that your pond was so close to the house. For some reason I thought it was much further away. Great pond you have there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would move the big chair to the right also...............if it was my pond!

Great improvement

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks real nice! I really like the black granite. I didn't realize from your other pics that your pond was so close to the house. For some reason I thought it was much further away. Great pond you have there.
Thank you. We wanted it close so we could hear it in the house. It is always in our view due to the location.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Well we finally moved the over grown weigela bushes and cut in a stairway on our deck to the pond area. I used black granite for the steps. Added 3 stepping stones. The other step is also stone which was already there. Now a nice clear view from the kitchen door

View attachment 99204 View attachment 99205 View attachment 99206
Those new granite steps are awesome, Rob. (y) I wanted you to see the same type of steps we installed. Ours are 'salt and pepper' granite and were much lighter toned five years ago. They've darkened nicely with age but I really love the look of your blacker stones. Great job!
IMG_4304.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Those new granite steps are awesome, Rob. (y) I wanted you to see the same type of steps we installed. Ours are 'salt and pepper' granite and were much lighter toned five years ago. They've darkened nicely with age but I really love the look of your blacker stones. Great job!View attachment 99238
Your step took a bit more effort :) Beautiful

Ask a Question