We have baby ducks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a great morning at the pond. Mom and 8 babies showed up this morning. No pictures as I do not want to scare them. Hopefully they will be regular visitors.

The babies are fun to watch. They are jumping around for the bugs. They all had some cracked corn.

I have go to work but hopefully I can get some pics in the next few days.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
8 babies! That's so fun! I've been watching our mallard pair for babies, but they must be nesting elsewhere and just using my pond as a spa! A small getaway for momma duck!

Aren't you feeling a little peaked @RobAmy ? You don't look so good... maybe you need to go home and (ahem) rest a bit! ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Aww that must be so cool to have by the pond!
I have ducks regularly visiting the feeders, but they've never brought their babies!
The Cranes and turkeys do bring their babies, but I've never had ducklings!
This year I have a male with two female Pheasant that come to the feeder a few times a day, do they walk around with their babies? I would love to see that!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Aww that must be so cool to have by the pond!
I have ducks regularly visiting the feeders, but they've never brought their babies!
The Cranes and turkeys do bring their babies, but I've never had ducklings!
This year I have a male with two female Pheasant that come to the feeder a few times a day, do they walk around with their babies? I would love to see that!
Pheasants would be fun

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Pheasants would be fun
Years ago we had a male that came to our feeder only once a day and every day it was exactly 4:10 in the afternoon...then one day it stopped coming
smsad.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@RobAmy Alas I am sad, I have a net which would keep them out so I can only have fake ones................just not the same, but love seeing the ones you get. Do they come every year as it seems they do?
Nothing much cuter than a little ducky face!

Ask a Question