We went to check on Our Pond Today!

Reaction score
Hello every one, Well being it was a nice sunny day we decided to go for a drive and check on the acerages.
Well we went out to check on the pond to make sure that the warmer was still running okay... Every thing was fine as usual for our cold winters here.

I was curious on checking the Hole that I drilled in the fall to see if there was any water in it and also if it was frozen over or not..(The hole is 12" wide by 13' feet deep) .The reason I drilled that hole is to add a sump pump in and that will keep my pond filled to the top better when the liner is laid down and landscaped..
Any ways I was surprises again to find another Musrat down there again..We have fished out two musrats sinces I have drilled that hole..We have a Plywood over the hole with a heavy pot over the plywood..How are they getting in there is beyond me...?
Onces I get the sewer pipe in ,I am sure I won't find any more as I do not want any musrats in my Pond when its all finish..Yuck..
Has any one else found any surprises in their pond lately?
Thanks Chatterbox Lyle

Reaction score
Hello Lyle,

I'm new here and I too live where winters can be a bit harsh (MI). My ponds aren't big enough to support large wild life but I do have a number of frogs living in my skimmer box. I empty the skimmer net about once a month in the winter and try to put the frogs back where they were. I'm thinking of putting in a few frog logs but not sure where the best place to put them would be. I have a few pictures on my blog site theprincings.blogspot.com , if you have any suggestions that would be great!

Take Care
Karla

Reaction score
Hello Karla,:):profile::D

How are you doing there? Well boy did it ever turn cold here this week..The wind chill was minus 47 farenheights, but it has warmed up a bit sinces then,

I am afraid to go look at the pond as I am sure it is one solid block..I just hope that the bubbler kepts going through out the fridged weather.

I tried to log onto your Blog site and so i got the Site not available mode.

I would like to see some of your pictures then make some suggesting for you ..

Thanks Have a Good day!
Lyle:banana:

Reaction score
Hi Lyle,

I must have typed my blog name wrong, theprincings.blogspot.com/. However, I finally put up 2 pictures here on the Forums. They should be in the galary, you can take a look see now.

Karla
theprincings.blogspot.com

Ask a Question