weather changing earlier?

Reaction score
Is it me or is it getting colder earlier in the year? I live in the northeast and yes it does get chillier this time of year. But this year it seems like its coming earlier. The last few days here it's already felt like fall. Usually we don't get this cold this fast. If this keeps up i will be turning on the furnice in a couple of weeks. Not looking forward to that at all.

Reaction score
It is getting chilly fairly quickly in the evenings but maybe it just seems like that as we had such a hot summer.

Reaction score
It's 58 degrees right now. We definately got cool very fast this year. (I'm from CT) I've given up on our pool and will be closing it soon.

Reaction score
I'm praying for another mild winter...propane is so expensive! It seems to be a bit chiller at night here in the southwest, but anything goes. Next week we could have a 98 degree heat wave. Once in snowed on Easter, and it hardly ever snows here!

Reaction score
All i know is it is getting cold way to fast this year. Our summer wasn't even all the hot. I mean we had some hot days, but not a ton of them.

Reaction score
Actually, according to the record-books, this has been the warmest year ever recorded all over the United States. I do think, however, that the season's have shifted. It really seemed to warm up earlier in the Spring here and now it is getting cooler before Fall hits.

Reaction score
I think it's all in our heads ;). I can remember having to use blankets in highschool at our football games - maybe we just started school later?

All in all, it's getting cool when it's suppose to be getting cool. It just went from summer to fall in the blink of an eye instead of taking the month of August to do it.

Reaction score
While climatologists might still argue over why our climate has warmed in recent decades, Mother Nature has already reacted to the change. Hi, I’m Bryan yea ton for The Weather Notebook.
Climatologists prefer directly measured data to determine climate trends, but often the best indicators come from just watching nature. And this is what naturalists do in a field called “phrenology.” Phrenologists observe recurrent natural events, such as the flowering of lilacs over many years, to determine how nature reacts to changing seasonal conditions.One climate change feature penology can study is the onset of Spring. Because the timing of Spring flowering and leafing is largely controlled by heat accumulation above a temperature threshold, researchers have found that many physical and biological indicators of Spring have begun occurring earlier in the year.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Don't tell Gore this... He thinks we have Global Warming.

It was 37 degrees when I got up this morning here in Escondido. Last year it got so cold, I lost fruit trees, avocados, and 6 Coral Trees. I actually had ice on the shallow end of my pond. I moved from North Dakota to get away from the cold.

Ask a Question