Web Sites/Online Retailers

thetemples

KOI Chris
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on online merchants to use for pumps, filters and liners. I am starting a new pond and would like to compare costs to see if its worth the hassle of getting all of this online.

Thanks so much in advance.

Reaction score
The best place is eBay.

www.drsfostersmith.com has a lot of stuff including pumps and other supplies. You will probably be able to get the same products off eBay for 25 - 50% or possible more off.

www.pondliners.com and www.pondliner.com deals in liners. They are the lowest priced online retailer that I've found, BUT I found my liners on eBay for a little cheaper.

Filters, I have never purchased a filter. I've made all my own, cheaper, and I can make it the way I want, and don't have to buy certain filter media inserts. Several of us here have made their own filtration systems, so there is a lot of advice here.

Online will always be cheaper. They are competing with a larger market, sometimes international, not just a certain location like local suppliers.

lollyfrog

April
Reaction score
I would have to agree, I shopped at so many different places but ended up getting all my equipment and liner on e-bay for much cheaper and the shipping was cheaper too. When you shop be aware of shipping costs because an item that appears cheap sometimes will whammy you with shipping. Good luck! :)

Lolly

Reaction score
Your pond is probably built by now, but I have had very excellent results with Pumpbiz.com for the pump (only equip they carry for many industries). The Tech spent a lot of time working out what I would need, knew the application well, and gave me the lowest price I ran across on the internet, and cut it a bit for shipping fees.

Birdnest.com for liners was the best price for EPDM Firestone liner /underliner when I figured in the freight (ships "free")and no CA tax (they are in Ohio). It was way cheaper that I could get it here in CA, and they were the lowest on the internet I found.

Happy building...
:goldfish:

Reaction score
LOL! yes I did, they came today and were cheaper (including freight) to what I found on ebay or anyother Internet site.

What size pond are you building?

Reaction score
mine will be 8X11X2 i am going to go with the 15x20. how is the underlinear that comes with it? as this is what i will be ordering in the next cpl of days as they are the best price i have found so far.

Reaction score
I'm a nubie to ponds, but it looks great to me. Heavy Grey felt looking material which looks like it will cover sharp edges nicely. The packing list shows "Premium Geotextile Pond Underlayment". It is quite a bit thicker than the junk they were selling at HomeDepot. I ordered the Firestone EPDM Liner and Underlayment kit for my pond 15x20, and a 5x15 liner for my stream/waterfall with a separate 5x15 underlayment for that (no combo kit available in that size). Packaging was good, secure, and they got everything in 2 boxes via Fedex Ground. It was waiting for me at home about 4-5 days after I ordered it. Bestnest.com seems to have the best going on Liners/underlayment. Hope this works out for you.

Reaction score
Where are you getting your plumbing parts - valves, tubing, etc. any good deals out there.

Ask a Question