Webbs water garden filter price

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
just wanted to share that webbs water garden is selling the Savio filters at the lowest price I have seen. This is for the waterfall and versatile filters (RF 001). I got them for $20.00 each with free shipping over $59.00

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just checked that out on line. I have 2 of the Savio filters. Got the 1st one over 15 years ago. I used the original filter pads for over 10 years. It came with 2 pads at the time. I have bought replacement pads and they don't last longer than a few months. The new filter only came with 1 pad. I have been cutting mine out of the blue furnace filters. Works great and a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I bought material filter material and put it on my Savio skimmer last year. I was quite disappointed at the filters that came with the Savio.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I find the Savio filters very good, but good to let others know about the filter material. I did buy a skimmer pad off amazon, it was marketed as Savio but it was a fake and was awful.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I cannot understand why these filter places seem to think these filters should be high dollar ,.Geeze if they made it cheaper they would sell lots more and make more money .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I find the Savio filters very good, but good to let others know about the filter material. I did buy a skimmer pad off amazon, it was marketed as Savio but it was a fake and was awful.
@RobAmy , what did you filter material look like? Mine was very thin and white and clogged easily. Darn auto correct amended what I typed earlier...its was Matala filters I replaced into my Savio. Maybe I have too many fine solids in my water and the original filter material clogged? I am considering additional filtration this Spring? Do you like you Savio filters...the two you have outside your pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Tula I use the Matala EZ-Bio filters also for my in pond pumps and the filter material is very nice. I believe the Savio filter pads are 1 inch thick, the skimmer pad is a bit thicker. I find both products will build up equally when the string algae shows up, but other then that I rinse the filter pads once a month. the skimmer pad I have to rinse a lot, but I have lots of trees etc so the skimmer and pad are doing the job. On my size pond I should've installed 2 skimmers. As far as the Savio filters, I love them. I have 3 above ground and the waterfall filter in ground. I have all the above ground with drains for easy flushing. I should have installed a drain on the waterfall filter also but I did not seeing it was in the ground, so I need a vacuum to clean it and empty it for the winter. I may add a drain this year. The Savio units are very easy to setup and I find the spring flo media works great and cleans very easy at the end of the season. They are pricey for what they are but they are strong and look decent. I actually picked up 2 off craigs list for very cheap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula I use the Matala EZ-Bio filters also for my in pond pumps and the filter material is very nice. I believe the Savio filter pads are 1 inch thick, the skimmer pad is a bit thicker. I find both products will build up equally when the string algae shows up, but other then that I rinse the filter pads once a month. the skimmer pad I have to rinse a lot, but I have lots of trees etc so the skimmer and pad are doing the job. On my size pond I should've installed 2 skimmers. As far as the Savio filters, I love them. I have 3 above ground and the waterfall filter in ground. I have all the above ground with drains for easy flushing. I should have installed a drain on the waterfall filter also but I did not seeing it was in the ground, so I need a vacuum to clean it and empty it for the winter. I may add a drain this year. The Savio units are very easy to setup and I find the spring flo media works great and cleans very easy at the end of the season. They are pricey for what they are but they are strong and look decent. I actually picked up 2 off craigs list for very cheap.
My pond must be seriously under filtered, as I was cleaner filter and skimmer every other day! If I didn't, then the pumps would almost run dry:( I have a pressurized filter , that has material filters and UV light. Thinking of a new Savio filter and placing UV's in the Savio skimmer - thoughts?

I'm rehoming all my koi fry and am wondering if I should rheum two of my five adults. My pond is only 1700 gallons.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have always run 2 filters in my pump and 2 pumps .It really does help .I also keep 4 lbs. of activated charcoal in each filter crate and water runs over blue filter stuff through quilt batting and then through activated charcoal and then into stock tank with lava rock and then up and into the pond .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Savio filter and placing UV's in the Savio skimmer - thoughts?
I have 2 Aqua Ultraviolet 57 watt UV's in my Savio Skimmer, no complaints here. I would try upgrading you filter first then if still not happy rehome the adults. I have 6 butterfly koi,1koi/goldfish (black with barbs) mix and about 20 + goldfish off different sizes and a bunch of fry. I will also rehome some goldfish this year. I think I have 3500 gallons with 3 pumps and a 19ft wide stream which in turn acts as a bio filter also

Last edited:

Ask a Question