Weird substance

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know what this could be. appeared overnight. Happened once before about 2 weeks ago. In a different area.
D884EA77-2665-4430-B44F-250FA37883AB.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you all. Dog vomit slime mold is exactly what it is. Had my pond for 20 years and this is the first time I’m getting it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is first in my 20+ years of having a pond. AndI have this creamy, white (looks like tissue paper) taking over my pond. When I scoop it up it looks like creamy, white slime. What is it and how do I get rid of it? It also grows on the sides of the pond. It gets so bad that it kills my fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forum.
This is first in my 20+ years of having a pond. AndI have this creamy, white (looks like tissue paper) taking over my pond. When I scoop it up it looks like creamy, white slime. What is it and how do I get rid of it? It also grows on the sides of the pond. It gets so bad that it kills my fish.
Perhaps a bacterial biofilm? Please do post a picture.

Cooz, that is interesting that the Plasmodial Slime Mold (Fuligo septica, perhaps) appeared on stone, but perhaps there is enough biomatter in the chinks in the rocks. Also slime mold can move, so perhaps it migrated from nearby soil or mulch. I get several colonies a year in garden. Usually mine are bright yellow and and appear in Winter on the woodchip garden paths. They are great decomposers. It's good to have them around.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if i had to bet it's dead algae. the ice probably encase it and it died now it's a ghost of it''s once self

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
as to the post i vote for a fungus some type of shroom. dog vomit may be the start cause of it

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome, @Sweetie! Why not start a thread in our “introductions “ topic and tell us about your pond. This is an older thread, but you might get better responses specific to your problem if you start a new topic.

Ask a Question