Weirdo Worms!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I wish I could get a good photo or better yet, a video! I have a still water lotus pool next to my pond and it has been there about 8 years. The lotus is planted in clay kitty litter and has grown a lot. There is also duckweed, parrot's feather, and anacharis in there. Recently, I pulled out a lot of the non-lotus stuff. I found the weirdest, coolest worms. They are apparently aquatic. They have made little volcano-like mounds under the water and groups of them stick up through the clay planting medium and wave around. They remind me of those little grass eels or creatures on the bottom of the ocean. They stick out about half an inch to an inch. They must be waving around to eat microscopic stuff in the water? Super cool and super strange!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
So interesting! They really look a lot like miniature earthworms, doing a dance.
It is pretty cool that all these different kinds of creatures exist - -and do such important work!

Ask a Question