Well Good Ole Harvey is here to visit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Harvey is here to visit..... Wind at 30 mph no big deal...... But the rain, anywhere from six to ten inches here in the flat land is a big deal...... And the tornado warning sirens have already gone off twice..... Pumped the pool and pond down so they don't overflow..... Going to eat supper and go to bed...... And hope that I don't wake up with Sarah beating on me telling me the sirens are going off. .... Lol Jimmy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you are surviving it is heading here, but won't be real bad, just rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Bad part about this one is what is left of the eye is going about 50 miles to the east of us so we are on the west side and we are going to get the majority of the rain and other things

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Glad you are surviving it is heading here, but won't be real bad, just rain.
The bad part about our situation is we had a heavy rain event two days ago and all the rivers are already at flood stage and we are so flat when the rivers are full then the thousands of creeks back up that is when we get bad flooding

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Harvey is here to visit..... Wind at 30 mph no big deal...... But the rain, anywhere from six to ten inches here in the flat land is a big deal...... And the tornado warning sirens have already gone off twice..... Pumped the pool and pond down so they don't overflow..... Going to eat supper and go to bed...... And hope that I don't wake up with Sarah beating on me telling me the sirens are going off. .... Lol Jimmy
Hope all is well for you!! We fared better than we expected and only got rain with a little wind.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Harvey was/is an interesting system, that's for sure. This is one that I won't forget, just like Katrina. Certainly not as many killed, but so much damage that they'll have to recover from. So many people lost everything. If I lived down there, I would be in shock. Wouldn't know what to do. I'd probably move away from the Gulf. Wouldn't want to ever go through that again, let alone once.

I see they're closely monitoring Hurricane Irma now. The islands look like they're gonna get hit, like they often do. We'll see what kind of impact it has on Florida late next week. Hopefully it won't be anything like Harvey.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6920.JPG
IMG_6922.JPG
Well lots of wind, 9" of rain, thankfully no tornadoes...... Fish are fine.... Pool is full of leaves and dirt..... My next chore to do this afternoon..... Uggggh...My Banana trees and elephant ears are shredded but that's OK its September a month and a half they will be gone anyways ... My only moment was yesterday afternoon I heard this loud noise and went outside and a limb fell on my brand new truck..... Not even a week old, no damage, now to clean up the mess, lol Jimmy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is raining here but no winds the good ole Appalatian mountains keep most of it in check .It is cold and damp and a couple of good rain showers that were heavy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Harvey is coming by us tonight and tomorrow. So far just calling for rain.

Ask a Question