Well I just got fired.

Reaction score
The rule is you have to have 4 cars sold by the 15th to get your days off. It takes about a month to get your feet on the ground in a new dealership and start selling cars. I went to my boss and told him that i needed to take my wife to the doctor tomorrow to try to cure her paralyzed hand. I saw the look on his face.

A few minutes later he called me into an office and fired me, he gave me a line of bullshit like, "We try to give you direction, and you do that for a little while but then you go back to doing your own thing."

Which as I said was bullshit, I was selling cars when this guy was pooping in his diaper and watching Bugs Bunny. I went this morning to apply for a job selling Honda motorcycles, 4 wheelers and watercraft and they really want me. I'll get a job tomorrow at Classic Chevrolet until that happens.

If it comes to a choice of my wife's health and a job, they will lose every time. I'll be much happier selling motorcycles and 4 wheelers. In December, when nobody is buying $35,000. cars and trucks guess what they are buying? 4 wheelers, dirt bikes and watercraft. All they sell is toys and everyone isn't coming in trying to trade in when they are $10,000.00 upside down. It's a lot more laid back. They offer $400.00 a week salary and 25% commission. Their least paid salesman made $40,000.00 last year and their best paid salesman made $80,000.00.

I get $1700.00 a month from my pension, $1,000.00 from Vicki babysitting one child, $100.00 for her watching one dog and $650.00 for his rent. We will make $5,050.00 a month if i don't sell crap which isn't going to happen. the Honda job is a lot more laid back, God takes care of fools and children.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The important thing here is that Vicki gets her hand fixed up. I hope she'll be ok.
Best of luck to you Bullfrog and I can see you selling the toys more than the high fallutin road mobiles but actually I can see you selling Harley's even more :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Cowboys also sells Harleys but I think I'd like the Honda shop better, there is a larger variety of things to sell. Generators, 4 wheelers, watercraft,new and used motorcycles. You are right, the main thing is to get Vicki's hand well.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
We had a HD salesmen in our morning breakfast circle for several year. At that time there was more demand then bikes. Lots of other gripes too. If that is still the case I think you made the right choice going with the other side.

Reaction score
I took Vicki to the hospital yesterday with a friend. I dropped them off then went to a dealership I used to work for, "Kinsel Ford" and got hired. I have to go and meet the other manager tomorrow but when I asked him, "Should I stop over there at Kinsel Toyota and put in also? He said, "No, hold up on that right now. I can hire anyone that I want to but it's a courtesy to run you past Bruce. He will be your manager every other day when I'm at used cars."

So it sounds like I'm pretty hired.

The good news is that Vicki could move all of her fingers and even raise her hand a little after the procedure. I just hope that it keeps progressing.

Reaction score
When it's all over and done with and the dust settles you'll most likely discover your way better off.

Best Wishes,

Jim----been there, got the t-shirt.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad to hear Vicki is doing better and hope she continues to get to 100% :)

Ask a Question