Well I'm on my way

Reaction score
My books have made a whopping $25.23 in the past six weeks. I'll soon be sunbathing on the beach in sunny Paamul.

The Kidle versions are cheap, $7.99 _ $9.99 The paperbacks were priced by amazon and the highest one is $14.73

Take a look please..

Vengeance a Pirate's Tale book I https://www.createspace.com/3471024

The Tribe book II https://www.createspace.com/3604646

Goldfish book IV https://www.createspace.com/3612995

I enjoyed writing all of them, the early years are full of action and daring but I think Goldfish is my best work. It takes place in the present day and they have computers and automatic weapons instead of just swords and cannons.

Reaction score
My latest book "The New World" has 66,027 words so far. It takes at least 70,000 to be considered a novel. Here's Chapter one..

CHAPTER ONE

THE WIDOW

The men of the ship Widow were in dire straits. A tempest was raking the Caribbean with winds of over one hundred miles per hour. The Captain at the wheel was Xavier Sanchez, standing at his side, holding the rails against the driving gale were his two most trusted men, Jacob and Charles. All three were huge men, well seasoned sailors and privateers.

They and their good ship Widow had weathered many a storm, but none like this. The sails were being torn from their rigging as the seas boiled into huge waves that towered high over the ship. The ship would go almost vertical, riding up the sheer wall of a wave, then drop into the valley with sickening speed, plunging down bow first.
It was only a matter of time before she buried her nose beneath the water and was driven to the bottom.

“She cannot take much more of this!” Xavier shouted over the fierce wind, “We should be near land!”
A huge wave broke over the ship sweeping Jacob off of his feet toward the stern, but Charles caught him by the ankle with his huge, bear-like hand. They rode over the crest of yet another towering wave and again plunged into the deep trough on the other side. A flash of lightning revealed the reef exposed as the water sucked away, they braced themselves.

The impact of the ship on the reef was incredible. Timbers smashed and the sea flooded in. The ship was tossed sideways as yet another wave battered the Widow against the coral. She broke up completely as the men were thrown into the violent sea. Rising and falling, being slashed by the coral, they all struggled to stay afloat.

It seemed like a lifetime until they finally were thrown up onto a sandy beach. They shouted out for their crew members and found that only the three of them had survived. Running together against the wind, they made for the tree line as the lightning flashed and the thunder rolled. Reaching the relative shelter of the palm trees, each one of them held onto the trunk of a tree as the wind howled like a banshee.

Many hours later, the sun finally made its slow appearance through windswept skies. The rain was subsiding, but the clouds were passing overhead with unbelievable speed. They surveyed their surroundings as the wind diminished.
“Where do you think that we are?” Jacob asked.
“I have no idea, and I do not care. We are alive.” Xavier answered.

They began walking down the beach, the surf was still rough but pieces of wreckage were beginning to wash up on the beach. “Look Xavier!” Charles said pointing down the beach. Four ships rode on their anchors. It was obvious that many anchor lines had been set out in anticipation of the storm. Even though seaweed hung from the railings and some damage had occurred to the rigging and yardarms, they had survived the storm relatively well.

A group of men emerged from the jungle dragging several longboats with them. They noticed a very tall, muscular black man dragging one of the boats by himself.
They approached the men and were soon spotted. The men dropped the longboats and walked toward them. They were a strange looking group, the man leading the way was obviously a Spaniard, but walking with him were black men and one man very neatly dressed with long, curly red hair and a neatly trimmed beard.

“Who are you, and where did you come from?” the leader of the men asked. They studied him for a second, he was a rugged looking man with a long scar on one side of his face that ran from the corner of his left eye to his jaw line.
“I am Xavier Sanchez of the ship Widow. These are my shipmates and friends, Jacob and Charles.”
“You can call me Jake.” Jacob said stepping forward shaking hands.
“And my friends call me by my last name Rooney” Charles said. “Our ship was caught it the tempest and we were dashed upon the rocks. You can see some of our belongings being washed ashore now.” he pointed at the beach littered with wood planking, bottles, jugs and other debris.

“What is your profession, and what nation do you serve?” Felipe asked them.
They looked at each other for a moment, “Well,” Xavier said, “There is no need to lie, we are privateers but we are independents, we serve the highest bidder.”
Smiles broke out from the men as Felipe stuck his hand out, “I am Felipe Montoya, this is my Uncle Andreas and these are my friends. We also are privateers” Introductions were made all around as they all shook hands.
“Do you need help readying your ships?” Xavier asked.
“Yes, that would be good. But first, are you hungry?”
“Starved.” Rooney said with a smile.
“The ships can wait, please, follow us.” Felipe led them back along the shoreline then followed the river into the jungle. They saw a large pavilion surrounded by cabins, all had lost their roofs but the structures were soundly built out of stout logs. A large group of children and women were cleaning up and dragging fallen limbs away. They all stopped working as they saw the men approach.

Felipe introduced them and told the women that they had been shipwrecked and were now hungry. The women went to the fire and began ladling out stew into bowls which they gladly accepted. As they ate, they told about the intensity of the storm, the height of the waves and the ferocity of the wind. All agreed that it was amazing that any had survived.

Rooney stopped eating and stared past the crowd gathered around them, “Who is that?” he pointed.
Felipe looked, “That is Maria, Juana’s twin sister.”
“There are two women as beautiful as that? Is she betrothed?”
Felipe smiled, “No, she is a widow.”
“That was the name of our ship.” he said with a smile, “What a coincidence.”

An older man with long white hair spoke up, “There is no coincidence, fate brought you here.” Balam said, “The fact that she bears the same name as your ship is the hand of destiny.”
“I would very much like to meet her.” Rooney said.
“Come, I will introduce you.” Victoria said

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I bet it's hard for all the authors nowadays trying to make a buck Bullfrog. Times are tough and people don't want to part w/ their hard earned money. Hoping things get better soon for everyone and you know you write very interesting stories so hang in there and I'm hoping good things come your way.

Ask a Question