Went to a Greenhouse Today

B

Burd

I stopped in a greenhouse out in Pontiac today. It was Huge,
It’s bitter cold again. But it was nice inside. It was nice seeing all the greenery. I gotta go back in the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Burd

The place is huge. They also do landscaping, which is why I stopped in really, there is a wild bird store rents a cool space there, I was looking for stickers for the windows so birds won’t fly into them. They had them.
Most of the green houses were empty for winter, that one pic I took was for a buddy, they have a lot of carnivorous plants. I love that big head thing, I want it for my baker rack, I will be going back and I’ll take more pics.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lots of nice looking plants! Remnds me that this Spring I should re-pot my Hoya plant like in the 1st photo. Mine has never had a bloom yet in all the years I have had it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice plants, I could spend a lot also, but usually don't buy plants we have so many around the yard.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love wandering around in greenhouses when it's cold outside, breathing the warm air, smelling the soil... ahhhhh. Gives me hope that spring might actually be on the way!

B

Burd

It’s summer in Australia, it’s coming, lol.
They had a huge table of caCti and succulents too. They was an area were they keep goats. They strip Christmas trees bare. Talk about recycling. Lol there’s a hall or two there for weddings, the place is huge.
Goldner Walsh is the name of the greenhouse.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Goldner Walsh is the name of the greenhouse.

I was hoping you'd post the name, thanks!

B

Burd

Wild Birds inc is the store I actually went there for, and they hold special events at the greenhouse, coming up , she’s bringing screech owls in to do a talk on. I went to a turtle snake event once, I took my girl there when she was like 5-6. It was at their store on Woodward. They had this huge snapping turtle walking around the store. Lol

B

Burd

That one pic is of all the car I Eros plants, flytraps, sundoo, pitcher plants. Someone maybe can ID more.
One area was all the stag horn ferns, Ive never been into those but they are cool.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Nice to wander around green lush plants and warm steamy air when its freezing outside. Spring will come eventually. Still frigid cold here in Medicine Hat Alberta. I was going to stop at our local greenhouse yesterday but decided not to cause the plants would have froze just walking to the car when its -20 Below zero....

Ask a Question