Were did they go?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I have recently built a fish pond about 3 1/2 feet deep on the second shelf mb 800 to 1000 gallons or so. I had got 4 koi fish about 5" long or so they were hiding in a crease in the liner around were the pump is for awhile. But now I cant find them. I have checked the creases and dont see them anywhere. There are no rocks in the pond so theres really no were else to hide. The water is starting to get a little murky hut I dont know were else they would be. Does anyone have any suggestions??

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are good at hiding. I hope yours are.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Jrod44 ! Like @addy1 said, they are very good at hiding so hopefully that's what's happening. Can you post some photos of your pond - maybe we can suggest some areas they may be lurking!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Jrod44 and hope you find your missing fish!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome @Jrod44 ! Like @addy1 said, they are very good at hiding so hopefully that's what's happening. Can you post some photos of your pond - maybe we can suggest some areas they may be lurking!
View attachment 120543@Jrod44 and hope you find your missing fish!
I went out last night and shined a flash light in the water and you can see them zooming around in there. It just blows my mind that they could fine some were to hide. I had recently planted some cattails and lily pads but theres not much growth yet. At least they are ok

Ask a Question