addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I went to walmart to get some more kitty litter for plants. Wandered by the fish section. They were getting new tanks so all their gold fish and shubunkins where in one tank...........................................for TEN CENTS a piece. 3-4 inch, long flowing tails great colors..................well when I told the gal I was going to get them for my large outside pond, she gave me every fish, (around 50) charged me for 25. 2.50 cents for some great fish!

My pond is now stocked!

:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was so tickled! so was the gal, her fish were going to a good home! and my ph etc had been perfect with the oyster shells.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Super good grab addy...........Clark Howard would be proud of you and so am I :lol:
Next time I go to Wally's I will give a looksee and see what I can find :alieneyesa:

Reaction score
Congrats addy but be carefull outing them in and make sure to examine each and everyone and what about the bioload I would watch out not too go crazy with that but other then that you know your stuff so have fun with your steal of a deal

Reaction score
I don't know where my local Walmart gets their fish, but the shubbies there are absolutely gorgeous. If you get them when they first come in, they are very healthy. Of course they don't have a "fish person" there. I saw one I just loved yesterday, but it had been there for a while and was probably dying. Until I finish my new pond and redo the old, I can't bring anything home.

Relax guys, Addy is an old pro ("old" referring to experience, not age.)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
shakaho said:
I don't know where my local Walmart gets their fish, but the shubbies there are absolutely gorgeous. If you get them when they first come in, they are very healthy. Of course they don't have a "fish person" there. I saw one I just loved yesterday, but it had been there for a while and was probably dying. Until I finish my new pond and redo the old, I can't bring anything home.

Relax guys, Addy is an old pro ("old" referring to experience, not age.)

Laughing the gal at this walmart knew her fish. There was one koi for 10 cents, but I really don't want koi, pretty white red and black one, no clue on koi terms lol

koisRus said:
Awesome deal Addy!!! Did you have any fish in your pond prior to this?

My large pond not counting the water in the bog is around 9-10k gallons, the bog is 2400 gallons, the stream and 5 small ponds add another 1500 gallons ++ or so.

In all that water I had maybe 5 fish, recently have seen three..........lol and they are 2 inches in size.

talal101 said:
Congrats addy but be carefull outing them in and make sure to examine each and everyone and what about the bioload I would watch out not too go crazy with that but other then that you know your stuff so have fun with your steal of a deal

Still way way under in bio load talal, but thanks for the heads up! I could have a bunch of koi with the huge bog I have as my filter

JW still NO algae, bog working as advertised. none zero zip except the side algae and pond today is 79 degrees. It is in full sun, none of the plants have really started to grow yet. We went from needing heat two days ago to turning on the air today, it hit 85 here.......but cooling again tomorrow.

Reaction score
Np addy and 10 cents koi, ok fine then addy we are back on for our love hate(really more love then hate) relationship, that's just not fair lol I want a 10 cents koi!!!! Lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bah humbug............we have more rain and more on the way.........building the Ark as we speak :cool:

Ask a Question