what a mess!!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
after pumping the water to my basement pond.i usually clean up my pond in the fall..wrenched my back last fall so let it slide, and didnt leaf net it either . so this is what i get to clean up now!! on the plus side my pond iris' are growing nicely and lillies are coming 'round, a good 40 or so pads starting their path to the surface. never saw my pond look so disgusting!
** alot of the rocks all over are from Easter, and the kids!! aaarrrgghh!

Attachments

• SDC11087.JPG
    SDC11087.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 323
  • SDC11088.JPG
    SDC11088.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 343
  • SDC11089.jpg
    SDC11089.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 332
  • SDC11090.jpg
    SDC11090.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 330
  • SDC11091.JPG
    SDC11091.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 286

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
hey buddy, be nice!!... i think i might get rid of the plant shelve or a good amount of it while the ponds empty as well.. could gain 200+ gallons of water volume!
***at least the water is clear!*** lol

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I would be nice and come give you a hand but it's still to cold up there! LOL

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, I will not! It's a warm 82 degrees here, great day to enjoy a swim.:surfing::nananananana: LOL But I have got to get in my pond this weekend and do some maintenance and plant arranging. :yikesu:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Shovel snow? What's that? Shoveling snow in South LA, is hoping you get enough off of your car hood to throw a snowball at ONE of the kids or wife! LOL Happens maybe once every four or five years!:nananananana:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Malak said:
82 is starting to get too hot for me unless the humidity is low. Hence, why I'm leaning to Arizona, not Florida in my future years.
LOL, you got that right! We are looking for someting a little milder/cooler with less humidity too, Thinking about the foot hills of the Smokies. We have been talking about it for years moving to North Ga. or South western N.C. Hopefully sooner than later!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Malak said:
82 is starting to get too hot for me unless the humidity is low. Hence, why I'm leaning to Arizona, not Florida in my future years.

I lived there malak, it is hot hot hot. I don't care if the humidity is low, when you can smell the asphalt in the summer melting it is too hot! The few months in the winter that is cooled down is the best, but it does not last long. We did have one day it hit 124! felt like you had your head in a oven sucking in the air.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Koiguy- Why don't you call Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs? I'm sure he would love to give you a hand. We drained the rest of the water from our old pond last week and there was a good 2" of muck on the liner. Real great smell on a hot day! Had to cut it in two to get it out.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
oh ...its not that bad really. its just never been like this....pump the water.. sweep the crud into pile and remove...refill. UNLESS..I decide to remove the plant shelve while its empty....a rebuild is out of the question unless the lotto comes thru!
***** i do enjoy DIRTY JOBS tho***** but Mike is too busy doing Ford and Bounty commercials on the side!
AND I'd bet its still cleaner than some ponds out there

Ask a Question