What a weekend!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Last night, my friend's husband hit 2 cows in front of the house that my husband lived in before we got married. The house is less than 1/10th of a mile from where we live now. About 15 of my neighbors cows had gotten out of their fence and were walking down the road, it was raining and pitch black dark. Fortunately no one was hurt. Of course, the owner of the cows says he has no responsibility for repairing the car.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Then, this morning, I heard a strange cracking sound in the living room, I investigated and couldn't figure out where the sound came from. But, when I opened the curtains in my dining room, there was a gunshot through the dining room window. The bullet went through the house and into the back wall in the living room. Scary!!! I am pretty sure my brother in law, who lives across the street. The same neighbor who owns the cows has a flock of guenies (sp?) who roam all over the place. My brother in law shoots at the all the time!!! Around the same time I heard the crack, I was washing dishes and looking out the kitchen window and he was outside and the guenies were running. WOW.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow I would have his brother talking to him about shooting, The next one might hit you. I have been shooting all my life (targets not live things) I would never shoot my guns towards any house or near any populated area. He needs to stop before a "accidental" death occurs.

Have your friend check the laws on roaming loose farm animals, he might have things in his favor then off to small claims court. ..................judge judy lol

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
There are Laws To protect people from things like that

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I would have called the cops, but she did say brother in law.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
We talked to him yesterday afternoon, but he denied it. Pretty sure he was lying, he wouldn't make eye contact with us. Like addy said, he is my brother in law, and it's complicated!!! I stand in front of that window several times a day because I have a pair of bluebirds building a nest in one of the birdhouses. I really enjoy watching them!! The scary thing is that if I had been standing a foot to the left when the shot was fired, it would have hit me in the forhead.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
addy, we've had problems for years with him and his loose animals. His horses used to come graze in my flower beds, they told me that they let them out to graze, ugh. The cops said there was nothing they could do. One of my friends hit one of his horses a few years ago. She had to take him to court to get him to pay for her car, which was totaled.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My friend I'm buying the house for lives in Jewel Ridge and what he says about hunters up that way makes me think he is lucky to get out of there .I thought it was bad here with hunters but not that bad .Now I see it is even worse in other rural areas too makes me glad I live here .Geeze riparks you may want to invest in a armoured vest or a suit .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not sure about the hunting laws in VA, but here in NC, they can park beside the road and hunt into the woods from their trucks. It is awful, the hunters actually stop traffic to let their dogs run across the road!!! Very dangerous!! You know, it's normally very peaceful and quiet out here. The septic tank overflowed this afternoon - 2 inches of water in the bathroom. What else can go wrong?????? Someone, please send me some good luck!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wish I could because I wouldand also wish some on myself today because everything is going wrong today also .I just feel like it is a never ending circle

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's a very scary situation you in there. Glad it's not here, I might would have to shoot back making things twice as bad. Deer are bad enough, running into cows and horses could probably do even more damage!!!! WOW talking about a bad day!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
geez riparks............... sending you good thoughts and luck!

Ask a Question