What am I doing wrong...

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a pond of which 1762 gallons got KOI and Goldfish in it. Ive got a oase biosys set. Thinks its set 3 or 4 maybe with a satalite bit to the pump.

I run the filter and waterfall off it. I had problems where the lilly was starting to rot and also knocked it over and so soil everywhere in water.

I hoovered up the bottom and also changed about 75% of the water cos the nitrite was high.

After changing the water its gone cloudly after being clear for a day or two. Is the filter set man enough to run the filter and waterfall cos Ive got a large amount of fish in there which are mostly KOI.

I have the pump in the bottom right hand corner of the pond and the outlet from the filter is on the top left corner and the satalite in the middle near the waterfall.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You might give it some time to settle down, that was a big water change and a lot of activity in the pond
If you have a quieter place for the Lilly it would like it better and grow

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
how about a little more info on the pond itself. What are the water test readings, how long has it been set up, How many fish and how large, possibly post some pics of the pond and the filter. many of us are not familar with that type of filtration.

Ask a Question