what are people using to test water quality

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Are you buying one of the complete pond test kits or do you use strips for an aquarium like I saw at Wally World today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have used the test strips, all the readings were changing constantly, went to the liquid test kit, the readings are now consistent. And if I use the strips then the liquid the strips are always off. So sticking with the liquid

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I get mine tested also at my local pet tore and he gives you a print out of the test results and I was paying 5 dollars and now I pay 2.50 cents .I use the liguid one I got from pet mountain and it was only 19 dollar so figure why not since the other one I only do every 2 months

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The kit I buy has all the test and comes with the glass vials and test nitrate, nitrite ,amonia ,phosphate and I also take mine to a local pet store and he gives me an actual paper read out that is very acurate and he also does the salt test so I know that and only cost 3 dollars and he supplies the tubes for the tests and sterilizes them after each test when he gives them back .Well it used to be 3 dollars and now he has lowered the cost ,so even better .I like his tests as they are there on paper right in front of you .You can keep a good record of the times when you see things change .My pond seems to change every year around June so far and then a couple of times I hsve seen a change in November

Ask a Question