addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow mogsie, more power to you! That looks like a beautiful area. Do you label the rocks to remember which summit you picked it up at?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jw your the ultimate find and seek and nothing stops you .I just can see the faces of people driving by you saying good lord look at that crazy lady again dragging something her poor husband .I can't say much about it because I do the same thing and even driven down a road and seen something usefull or interesting and had to turn around and go back and get it .You would be amazed at what you find on some of these back country roads

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
garbage is all in the mind of the beholder and if you see more than them so be it lmao.And crazy people are everywhere and if you say your a hundred percent sane then your probably nuts .remember Charlie Sheen and his trolls

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mogsie that is a gorgeous place on top of that mountain...........what a view and what a neat idea to keep a rock and remember where it came from :)
When you get old and gray you can tell your grandchildren all about your adventures and show them the rocks :lol:

Sissy funny you should mention Martin Sheen as he was in Everett, Washington (about 30 miles from here) doing one of his stupid shows last night. It was not a sell out they say and people were trying to get rid of their tickets left and right but no one would buy them :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh geeze you mean there weren't fighting to see the crazy guy .He claims his shows are hits and sold out and why would you buy a ticket to start with and then want to get rid of it .Why help him try to prove a point that makes no sense

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never heard of viking stone but sure looks like some pretty big pieces you got there

Reaction score
Yeah, not fun to load then unload by hand!! That's what the local quarry here calls it. I would send ya some, but I think shipping would be expensive!!! Some of those weigh well over 100 lbs

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the bigger stones around the outside makes it look more natural .We have 2 rock quarries here but mostly you get granite or slate and the 1 in NC has more to pick from ,but you have to catch them when they are open to the public and thats hit or miss with them .What do they look like up close .Most of the rock I have by my pond I dug up or found on my property .We have a lot of quartz here and this stone whatever it is I found a few pieces and cut them with a diamond saw blade .

Attachments

• stones by pond 003.jpg
    stones by pond 003.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 269
  • stones by pond 004.jpg
    stones by pond 004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 257

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone