What are these outlets for?

DigdirtJen

Here Fishie Fishie Fishie! :)
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Inside my waterfall spillway is a little box that is open on the bottom. It sits about ¾” from the bottom of the spillway box and has 2 little openings in the top. Does anyone know what these 2 little openings are for? Excuse my attempt at an illustration but hopefully this picture will help. The blue parts are what I’m asking about. Thanks!

Picture1.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
From your drawing, I’d almost think air ports, don’t know cause I’ve never used one like that.

DigdirtJen

Here Fishie Fishie Fishie! :)
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
That's what i thought they looked like, but i can't imagine how you could use those for air since water is being pumped into the box.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Could you add airlines from and aerator maybe? I don't know... that's a new one! What brand is it?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I used to have that exact waterfall box, the water comes out the bottom portion in the port type thing, and so I always thought it was just an airport for the air bubble that may get trapped in the area below to escape.

Ask a Question