What are these?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve had nothing but trouble this whole year with a small 130 gallon liner pond. So I’ve decided to drain it once again. And I saw these. They are everywhere. They are worms of some sort

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 23
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
And my entire pond sides and plants are covered with the same stuff that is in the pic

Reaction score
Country
United States
My perimeters ph, ammonia and phos. Have been in the acceptable range every time I check using and API pond liquid test kit. The only thing that is very low is my KH.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I introduced a bacteria somehow either from plants or gravel used in a Lilly grow tank or a neighbors fish so I want to start at the beginning. Everything from fin rot to popeye. Lesson learned

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Not sure from your pic on what type of worm. The stuff on the side I get also, assuming algae too. Part of the good algae growing on the sides of the pond. Typically get lots of worms, larvae in such in a pond, especially if lots of organic matter.

How was the sludge in the pond when your broke it down? Fin rot and bacterial infections rarely spread or cause problems in a pond with good water quality. Did the fish die? Usually they will chow down on worms.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Not sure from your pic on what type of worm. The stuff on the side I get also, assuming algae too. Part of the good algae growing on the sides of the pond. Typically get lots of worms, larvae in such in a pond, especially if lots of organic matter.

How was the sludge in the pond when your broke it down? Fin rot and bacterial infections rarely spread or cause problems in a pond with good water quality. Did the fish die? Usually they will chow down on worms.
Little to no sludge and honestly my parameters where acceptable every time I tested

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Worms are not a problem in my eyes they eat decaying matter and turn it into fertile soil . perfect for the garden

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would just run it without fish for a few months, then add one or two goldfish, using the liquid test kit to check water parameters.