What did you do yesterday? "We Retired"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What a scorcher of a day we had here in Plymouth Yesterday and a fantastic day for our 25th Annual koi club show I go to meet an Esseex koi club Health official who I've talked to on Koi issues online for many years and it just so happened he was the health official at our show yesterday :happy:
We also had the former chairman of the BKKS visit what has become one of his favorite show's to come see:)
He promised we'd get to meet before I quit showing and he was true to his word .
Yesterday was our 25th koi show with the koi club and sadly our last [the only couple who have done every show since the start of our shows way back in 1992}.:)
I'm not sure if we took any rosettes yesterday the acctual awards put up where the major awards so there may well be a few firsts and seconds coming our way in September [we'll see].(y)
Anyway at the end of the day after seeing many faces weve not seen in a while plus members from other clubs including our very own Plymouth and District pond and Aquarist society who had their own stand at the show plus friends from other fish keeping disaplines :happy:
Then at the end of all this being given a suprise award from our club in the form of a 25th anniverary award for both Val and I .
The award was as I say a 25th anniversay award for being the only couple to have done all our shows and you could say our last ever award because with that our show days were over :happy:
It came in the guise of a clock on a mirrored background with Butterfly relief's .
We've both been in very bad health of late and it was decided it was time to retire [two shows ago]:LOL: but this was our "Last".

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations Dave! A lot of well deserved smiley faces.
I agree 100% there Peter as it was taking upwards of a week for Val and I to recover after each show , next year we can purely be spectators arriving at a sencible time of the morning like Mid-day :happy:
Will we miss it yes but it was time to quit(y)

Dave

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You both had a lot of fun and did a lot of good. Job well done and now you can see the shows at your convenience and not have it take a toll on your health. Just relax and enjoy :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx @j.w and @Tula points taken its time that we put our health first I think thats been brought totally into focus this year with both Val and I battling our own health issues .
Its time to sit sedately down and watch the world wizz by it wont however stop us going to shows this we'll still be doing but at our own pace

Dave

Ask a Question