What do u feed koi

Reaction score
Do u feed them the pellets or special plants or both. Will be getting 10 koi an 2 catfish for new pond. What type of plants should i grow to feed. The pond is 8 by 13. 2feet deep average

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I buy from pet mountain there tetra pond stick because they float and do not sink and cause water quality problems and i also buy from them OSI koi treats in orange ,blueberry and strawberry .I feed my koi watermelon and strawberries and blueberries .I buy the OSI in the small and big pellet size and smaller pellets cost more for same size bag at less than 3 dollars great treat and gives them the extra vitamins they need

Reaction score
It's best to start with a quality koi pellet, but only feed small amounts in the beginning due to letting the filtration establish.
If you are going to put plants in the pond I always go for lilies, as they look nice and gives your fish cover from predators above.
they also cover the water on sunny days, and keep blanket weed at bay.

Ask a Question