What do you love most about your pond?

Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Ponds Done Right, Customers Served Right
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Did you build it yourself, hire someone or was your pond already there when you purchased the house? Would love to hear any feedback and see photos of your gardens & ponds if you don't mind sharing here.

Butterfly  Ponds Rochester NY.JPG

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
did it myself 3 times and each time bigger .Thing I like most are aggie and bert (my koi ) thing i hate most are my koi ,they destroy plants ,ate my snails and get big and produce lots of waste

Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks Lisa k and Sissy for your posts. Sissy, you touched on the #1 problem with ponds that we have had to deal with...."The pond is too small". Everyone always want to make it bigger. That is why I always tell people get the biggest one you can afford. Click here to see 14 other pond problems we deal with on a daily basis .

[Links removed by admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I build my own pond. The most fun is to plan it, digging with excavator, put plants in it, get to have bunch of plants, get to see pretty fish, learning from my mistake etc. I could go way bigger and deeper since my liner allowed it but I dont need to right now and have to think of 'what if' my son went in accidentally etc..., next house may be.... :)

Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks Nepen, I love to do all the finishing touches on the water garden/pond too. We use driftwood, rock plants, moss, fish caves, aquatic plants and LED low voltage lighting for add ons & extras. A pond is not complete without a patio to enjoy it from so we offer other landscape design services for our customers here in Rochester, NY as well. Click here to learn about the most common pond building mistakes.

[Links removed by admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
I love the peacefulness of sipping my morning coffee by the pond while watching the fish. It's such a nice way to set my mind for the day. Then again in the evening, when it's time to let go of stress from the day... my pond is there ready for me! Although sometimes my pond IS the stress, when water issues or health issues arise. Then it's "all hands on deck" to get things back under control.

pond life 1.JPG
pond life 2.JPG

Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love the peacefulness of sipping my morning coffee by the pond while watching the fish. It's such a nice way to set my mind for the day. Then again in the evening, when it's time to let go of stress from the day... my pond is there ready for me! Although sometimes my pond IS the stress, when water issues or health issues arise. Then it's "all hands on deck" to get things back under control.

View attachment 84325 View attachment 84326

I agree C-Note, mornings & evenings are lovely by the pond and looks like you have a good size pond. Your fish are beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Lisa k and Sissy for your posts. Sissy, you touched on the #1 problem with ponds that we have had to deal with...."The pond is too small". Everyone always want to make it bigger. That is why I always tell people get the biggest one you can afford. Click here to see 14 other pond problems we deal with on a daily basis .

As @Troutredds rightly points out, your posts come across as very spammy considering you have just joined our community. Please bear in mind that at the touch of a button I can flag you as a spammer, and this will flag you up to other forums across the web. If you are here to participate and help other people without self-promoting, then that is fine. If you try to promote your own services again, then you know what will happen!

Acorn Ponds & Waterfalls

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sorry Becky and Troutredds for the appearance of being spammy. I honestly would love to hear feedback from people that are happy with their ponds and enjoy the lifestyle. Their testimonies would be such a relief. There are so many that think of ponds as high maintenance and nothing but problems. I am not here for self promoting, I would like to help promote the whole pond lifestyle and allow people to see that water gardening doesn't have to be high maintenance and that others take a lot of pleasure in the whole experience. If there is someone who is not enjoying their water garden, I would love to help if I can. Feel free to call me at 585-442-6373 if you have any questions and talk to me personally. My name is Tom Warmerdam.

Last edited:

Ask a Question