Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I wanted to see if you guys thought this custom built "river tank" I made turned out okay. Give me some wiggle room though because I literally hand made every part of the structure including the lexan and carbon fiber tank and I am by no means a pro tank builder ( I usually buy them) but I wanted one that blacked out on three sides without adding a background graphic sheet:
DSCN3737.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I think that's pretty and nature looking. I can't do anything like that...

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Looks good and better yet, it holds water.
I definitely filled it up the first time well outside the house and far from any source of electricity. The second test which was fill it with water and lean a cinder block on the side pressing out at the bow point was the one I truly used to establish that it would hold up to the 22 gallons of water with no problems (imminent that is) still can't say what the lifespan will be but considering the ridiculous strength of the material probably a lifetime.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I thought of building my own tank once when I find the tank cost me arms and legs... but I dont have cutting tools for glass or pexi glass and my husband tools are too scary to use sometimes.... I can dig, lay bricks, use big machine (love the excavator)... but cutting tools are scary.....

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I thought of building my own tank once when I find the tank cost me arms and legs... but I dont have cutting tools for glass or pexi glass and my husband tools are too scary to use sometimes.... I can dig, lay bricks, use big machine (love the excavator)... but cutting tools are scary.....
You can cut it with a tile cutter with a polycarbonate rated blade. Tile cutters almost require you be a imbecile to get hurt using one... Much safer than a loose blade

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey's brother cut off three fingers and a thumb with a table saw, they saved them, but loss of use.

I use the pushers, keep hands far away from those blades.
Tile saws do not even bother me

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use them without fail, always turn off the blade before i even go near the cut wood.
Total concentration.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I don't use my tablesaw that much. Mostly the chainsaw is all I ever use around the property cause I have about 1 to 2 branches drop on my road a month.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Oh and a chainsaw is kinda like an ex-wife... You know you have to deal with it but at the same time know there is no real protection to keep it from killing you in the process...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh and a chainsaw is kinda like an ex-wife... You know you have to deal with it but at the same time know there is no real protection to keep it from killing you in the process...
I wear Kevlar chaps when using one, totally stops the chain saw .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terinb

Latest Threads