what does this mean?

Reaction score
someone posted on one of my pond videos the following...

are the koi D faced? (insert a : before the D -- if I do it I get a smily face)

what does this mean? is it a snarky remark?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Don't take it offensive. Sounds like something I would do, put the emblem for the smiley face although I would use the following key strokes: : - ) which also make a smiley face. However, lots of people use the : and D, to give the look of a large open mouthed smile! Sounds like someone was asking if your koi were smiling widely! :)

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
oops... i didnt realize i posted the smiley face.... i was trying to see what it looked like when i did the : follwed by the D.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Some people are starting to use more symbols like that when using smart phones as well. I know with our phones when you text using some smiley's like that you get cute litle faces directly on the text. If the person that sent it sends text on a regular basis it may be a common smiley on their phone and not be a "SNARKY" remark at all, just a friendly big smiley. :D

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i'm suprized they dont make computer keyboards with smilies, hearts, and the like.....you see them everywhere on the social networks, forums etc... if you weere to design / make one i'd bet youd make a killing.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow did not realize there were so many of these things out there.........too complicated to remember all that stuff. I'll just stick w/ the actual pictures of them :D Hey that is weird cuz I tried too like 99 did and post a : and a D and it came out as the little smiling photo dude. Wonder if I put a space and then the D what will happen............................. : D Ha ha I fooled it!
http://www.chemie.fu...ws/smilies.html

Ask a Question