What does your pond look like ... Today?

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds boy you get lots of honey bees where you are! I hardly ever see any here on our property. I see other types of bees but just not many honey bees.
We must have a hive or two nearby in the woods. I'll bet @addy1 has a lot of honey bees from her hives using her ponds to stay cool. :cool:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We must have a hive or two nearby in the woods. I'll bet @addy1 has a lot of honey bees from her hives using her ponds to stay cool. :cool:
We have a steady stream of bees from the small ponds (slow flow full of algae) back to the hives. Hundreds of bees drinking at all times. They never bother me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Probably ten days ago, my husband and I were commenting that we weren't seeing any bees. The last three days - bees everywhere! They are thick as thieves on the allium and the coneflowers. They don't bother anyone - you can brush right by them and they just keep their nose to the grindstone! The yard is just buzzing with them now - it's a happy sight!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have a hive within 3 miles, wild or with a beekeep! Yeah! They love the cone flowers and allium. Right now we have almost zero nectar around, so we are feeding ours. They ignore you when they are going after nectar.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Can't believe we're into August now. Why does the time always go so fast during the warm season?
IMG_5545 copy.jpg

IMG_5551 copy.jpg

IMG_5553 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So pretty! My lilies are really letting me down this year - the only thing blooming is the Colorado.

I'm not getting many blooms either. This was the first time all year that I had more than one at a time.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally spent a few moments looking at the pond. Poor thing has been ignored this year.

Lilies don't care. Not one drop of fertilizer to any of them, they are all blooming great.
IMG_1768.JPG
IMG_1771.JPG

The crepe myrtle are still putting on a show.
IMG_1765.JPG

The hibiscus is also putting on a great show.
IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG

Ask a Question