What does your pond look like ... Today?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I hate you guys ;) with your clear water and awesome ponds. Put in the fire pit area. Still a WIP but getting closer to completion-...ish. View attachment 110690 View attachment 110688 View attachment 110689 View attachment 110687
Your pond is still very beautiful and the green water will protect your fish from the evil blue heron. Things will clear up over time. Years ago we all suffered with green water but it will balance and once you get the algae to grow on the liner and rocks then usually the pea green water goes away and then we all get some string alage. Nothing ever perfect but there are natural treatments that work good. Good luck and stay positive, we are here to help as well. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's my pond tonight.
IMG_8449 copy.jpg

The Marsh Marigolds have seen better days. It won't be long before my favorite early-spring plant is done blooming.
IMG_8473 copy.jpg

I found this Wild Geranium seedling growing in the bog today. I wouldn't expect it to survive in these conditions, so I'll be moving it out to the native garden, where I'm trying to grow more woodland plants.
IMG_8464 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
View attachment 110746
Getting the rocks over the liner.
Here's my pond tonight.
View attachment 110743

The Marsh Marigolds have seen better days. It won't be long before my favorite early-spring plant is done blooming.
View attachment 110745

I found this Wild Geranium seedling growing in the bog today. I wouldn't expect it to survive in these conditions, so I'll be moving it out to the native garden, where I'm trying to grow more woodland plants.
View attachment 110744

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My pond looks bare today. Yesterday I slaved over getting the giant Sweet Flag outta there. I had to get into the pond and cut and saw it all into pieces. Took hours of little by little hacking. It was just way too big and had lawn grass growing up through the middle which annoyed me so bye bye and I will use a different type of plant. Not sure I will be able to use the same pedestal planter. Will depend on if I can get the rest of the old plant outta the pot.Stirred up the water something awful so all is green so no photos!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The pond isn't going to look the same without the sweet flag @j.w . I look forward to some pics!

I'm gonna put another kind of drooping leaved plant in place of it but it will take awhile to fill in as that Sweet Flag was in there forever!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am really missing things that pop up around my pond .I noticed last night that 1 of my banana plants is about a foot out of the ground .I have been to busy to notice

Ask a Question