What Happened to Flight 370?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
the very latest breaking news, the plane sent flight data information for at least 4 to 5 hours AFTER they lost contact,
The flight had enough fuel to get to Africa, the flight was headed over the Indian Ocean, we now know it flew for at least 4 or 5 more hours, must have gone for sure to Africa and had a landing strip all set up.

My best guess is the people are most likely dead, they would have gassed them as 240 people on board would be too difficult to control. My guess is the two people from Iran had gas masks and then took control of cockpit, and or one or more flight crew members may have been involved in the commandeering of the plane. It is also possible that the two men commandeered the flight after killing passengers off with some type of gas.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
JW there was also a very early report that 30 of the cell phones belonging to the 240 people had rang at the same time, like they were trying to get out a last desperate call. In that case, it would not look good the the people.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I don't know where folk are getting their news from, alas some folk in this world are vultures trying to exploit false information to make bucks for views. Rolls Royce and Boeing reported to the Malaysian government that the engine signal stopped a few minutes before radar contact was lost. At six miles up it would take a doomed aircraft a while to come down

Malaysian Defense Minister and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said the government had contacted Boeing and Rolls Royce, the engine manufacturer, and both said the last engine data was received at 1:07 a.m., several minutes before the plane lost contact over the South China Sea on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/...thursday-that-the-missing-malaysian/20849046/

There is a single witness report by a Viet oil worker who saw an aircraft flaming at a distance

My pet theory based on what is known, Engines gone, radar blip gone, cellphones under water (you can't get a signal when line of sight is lost underwater) explosive decompression, missile, explosion at 36k feet killed or disabled the pilots. Transponder either destroyed at that time or disabled by some passenger twiddling with controls. Knowing the engines died, it could be a leaky fuel line flamed an engine, ignited and blew the vapors in a fuel tank taking a wing off faster than anyone could react. At 400mph losing a wing is going to cramp your style.

No wreckage, may be hard to find if it embedded in dense foliage, soft sands of shallow waters

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you go to this website you can help search for the plane debris in the ocean. I was on this for a while and was able to check 1600 map tiles. If you find something you can either label it as fuel spill, plane, raft or other. I was able to find about 11 different ships nothing that appeared to be any plane debris. When you mark something someone at this company I guess checks it out. You are given a random map of the area that was taken by their satellite on 3/9/14 at 2:59. It is a crowdsourcing campaign and I must have looked for an hour or so.

There are lots of theories out there and I think it did crash into the ocean somewhere. I don't think it could have landed anywhere as the US and other satellites would be checking all runways in the range it could fly for the plane and have probably already done so. I can't answer for the engines sending back data for 4 hours after it supposedly crashed but it seems there has been a lot of misinformation out there between one govt agency, the Malaysians etc.

http://digitalglobe.com/

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If you go to this website you can help search for the plane debris in the ocean. I was on this for a while and was able to check 1600 map tiles. If you find something you can either label it as fuel spill, plane, raft or other. I was able to find about 11 different ships nothing that appeared to be any plane debris. When you mark something someone at this company I guess checks it out. You are given a random map of the area that was taken by their satellite on 3/9/14 at 2:59. It is a crowdsourcing campaign and I must have looked for an hour or so.

There are lots of theories out there and I think it did crash into the ocean somewhere. I don't think it could have landed anywhere as the US and other satellites would be checking all runways in the range it could fly for the plane and have probably already done so. I can't answer for the engines sending back data for 4 hours after it supposedly crashed but it seems there has been a lot of misinformation out there between one govt agency, the Malaysians etc.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tmann, I did that search the other night, but the sat. image at that time was a couple of days old. It was REALLY hard to tell what anything was as there wasn't anything as a size reference. And it didn't say WHERE you were searching -- all a little frustrating to me.

I'm fascinated (my son says obsessed) with air crash investigations -- the forensics is unbelievable on some of those cases. You can watch the episodes (there are at least 2 different series, I believe, and one is by National Geographic) on YouTube. "Mayday" "Air Crash Investigations" are some search keywords. It's just amazing how they can put the tiniest pieces of evidence (or lack, there of) together to solve the puzzles!

Personally, I don't know what to think. The information changes, but that's to be expected, and it does seem like there are political tensions at play in the reporting and/or denying of information. The ACARS that is supposed to report on the condition of the plane's mechanical status in flight -- I'm confused 'cause one time you hear that there was no further info reported, then you hear a report that says there was the additional 4 hours that was reported. Either it WAS or it WASN'T. So is this confirmed, or speculation?

As far as the transponder signal not being picked up, those can be disabled. And unfortunately, the "black boxes" can be disabled, as well. That would have to be a deliberate act on someone's part.... So if the ACARS was still receiving data from the plane for an additional 4 hours, and with the transponder turned off, this was no accident!

Anyway, we fly out at noon tomorrow, to ski in Utah. Keep us (as well as the people on Malaysian flt 370!) in your prayers! Prayers to all involved in this mystery!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The latest news I heard was that two the tracking type devices were disabled, and they now know that the flight flew for at least 4 hours AFTER it disappeared. Lots of top experts now say the plane mostly did NOT crash, and may have landed somewhere.... I now think the plane went to Pakistan or Afghanistan. Most experts now agree the plane was commandeered and took charge of plane for unknown reasons....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
In this day and age planes simply do not disapear, the satalite photos we see are those deemed by which ever governt who ownes it as save to look at and not compromising national interests so they may well know where it is but are no saying,
You have to remember China is to all intents still a communist state then you have that despot state of North Korea and itsequally out of touch with reality leader , we can ead all this into it , it smacks of the 747 (call sign would you believe 007), that was shot down , an explosion was seen from a Mylasian oil rig at about the right time
( just listento us all ).........................
What with Putin and the Chrimea , Syria etc this is just what we dont need.
Just because two Iranians had false passports, it doesnt make them guilty and I will remind you all that back in the day I trained in the Uk with Iranian Sailors it was only when the US embassy was attacked that they stopped being our favorite dictatorship.
Then we had Iraq who was the dictator that took ove r because he was willing to war wth our former friends.
We cause our own boogie men lets try not too eh!!! lets find not create anymore, lets wait and see if it crashed .

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The more I hear about it, the more I think it was stolen.
You could dispense with the passengers by depressurizing the cabin maybe? That would take under 5 minutes, I think.
It could have been a failed attempt that wound up crashing anyways.
Best case, everyone is being held hostage somewhere.
Worse case is the plane crashed.

Hopefully we'll be hearing some definitive details sooner than later.
I would sure like to learn more about the pilots.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Actually the worst case is the missing plane turns into a dirty bomb and hits some large city and what about the missing nuke waste stuff that disappeared around December ..... That really scares me and the bad people have had a long time to plan this too. It was revealed after 9/11 that this was part of their future plan...

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Actually the worst case is the missing plane turns into a dirty bomb and hits some large city and what about the missing nuke waste stuff that disappeared around December ..... That really scares me and the bad people have had a long time to plan this too. It was revealed after 9/11 that this was part of their future plan...
Colleen, please don't even think of that.
They say the plane has been hijacked. The best case scenario now is that they ask for something like China leave Xinjiang, which is never going to happen and then the hijackers are granted safe passage to Syria or somewhere. That is assuming the hijackers are Uighur.

Ask a Question